🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Payment
Page options
saretta81
Community Member

Payment

Hi Upwork.

I can see that the my balance is lower than it should be. I have not received the first 5 payments! 😒They are no longer "pending" but I cannot see them in the balance available. Any moderator that can help me, please?🙏

Thank you in advance. 

Best regards.

3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Sara,

I'll be happy to check on this for you. I do see a number of payments in your Transaction History and an available balance. There are also some funds Pending still. Could you please share some more details so I could identify the payments you're referring to? Perhaps the Milestone/Contract they're associated with or the amounts?

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello Andrea,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am a new user, so maybe I still have to
understand how it works.
Please, see the attachment (this refers to the transaction history). What
payments shall I receive? At the moment I can see that I have an amount
available and a bigger amount pending. Is service fees a kind of "tax"? If
so, what are the amounts in brackets? I can't really understand the
transaction history.
Thank you very much.

Sara, as a freelancer, you’re charged a sliding fee based on your lifetime billings with each client. Upwork fees help to cover the costs of acquiring new clients, connecting you with the right opportunities, and providing services like payment protection and customer support. You can learn more about them here

In each line of your Transaction History, you'll see the amount that the transaction is above and the balance resulting from the transaction below. If the amount above is in parenthesis (like this) it means it is a deduction or debit. No parenthesis means it is a credit to your account.

I can see these funds are coming from Fixed-Priced Contracts. When your client releases a milestone or final payment on a fixed-price job, it immediately shows as pending on your financial account. Pending payments become available for you to withdraw after the standard five-day security period. You can learn more about how you Get Paid for Fixed-Price Contracts here.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths