🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Phone Number Already in Use
Page options
ffc2dc86
Community Member

Phone Number Already in Use

Hello,

I am trying to connect my phone number to my account, however I am receiving the error message "This number is being used by another account."

I did create an upwork account several years ago, however I cannot remember the log-in information. I believe it may have been under an email address which I no longer have access too.

15 REPLIES 15
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Fred W wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to connect my phone number to my account, however I am receiving the error message "This number is being used by another account."

I did create an upwork account several years ago, however I cannot remember the log-in information. I believe it may have been under an email address which I no longer have access too.

You will have to delete the new account and work with support to access the old account, as you never can have more than one. 

Alright, thank you.

How can I contact support? I was under the impression this was the avenue to do that.

Hi Fred,

Having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue described by Fred in the opening post. I understand having multiple accounts is against the TOS, but I can't find a way to contact support without logging in and I don't remember the login of my old one. Please let me know how to proceed.

Best,

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
michaeldufresne3
Community Member

Same problem with error "This number is being used by another account," but this is my first attempt to set up a profile. I initially did not get a text message to confirm my number, then received the error message.

Hi Michael,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a email to assist you further. Please note that having multiple accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. If your account is closed, you can always contact us and we can reopen the account for you.

Thank you.

~ Nikola
Upwork
sam-brieden
Community Member

I deactivated my old account and continue to get the error that my number is associated with another account.

Hi Sam,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
9d331ceb
Community Member

Hello,

I have opened a new account last month but forgot the username/email and password. How would I recover that old account ?

Hi Neha,

I'm sorry to hear about this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Community Member

I am having similar issue as the original post. I am trying to create a new account by I am unable to register my phone number because apparently it's registered on another account that I no longer have access to nor remember the log in detail. Please help.

Thank you!

Hi Kevin,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
e7a53a71
Community Member

Hello!

I am having a very similar issue to the first post. I am trying to start an upwork account but I am unable to add my phone number as it is linked to a previous account. I do not remember the log in details to this previous account. Is there a way to access this information or delete a previous account?

Hi Emma,

Please be reminded that users are only allowed to have one main account and have multiple accounts is a violation of Upwork's TOS. I've shared your report with the team and one of the members will be assisting you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths