🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Photo edit
Page options
27cf56d7
Community Member

Photo edit

I have completed a couple of photo editing projects. I believe the best way to show the client my finals is to submit them in the request payment portal for the client to review and approve. However, I've had a client ask me to send them a full-resolution photo as an attachment in the chat/message room. I don't feel comfortable doing this because then they can just download the photo without paying. Do you have any suggestions and I am also wondering what keeps clients from just copying and pasting my photos that I've submitted through the payment portal? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ArjayM

Hi Aminul,

Thank you for reaching out to us and raising this query here in the Community. I took a closer look at your account and I can't seem to find any active contracts with a client yet. Please be reminded that you need to have a contract (Fixed-Price or Hourly) established before you start working for a client. The important thing to note is that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
1ba9b8ed
Community Member

Hello Aminul I,

In my opinion, there are a few ways you can handle this situation. Firstly, you can explain to the client your concerns about sending a full-resolution photo as an attachment in the chat/message room and suggest sending a watermarked or low-resolution version instead. This can help protect your work while still giving the client an idea of the final product.
Alternatively, you can use the Upwork Work Diary feature to track your time and submit screenshots of your work-in-progress to the client. This can give them an idea of what you're working on without giving them the final product until they've approved it and released the payment.
Regarding the concern of clients copying and pasting your photos, you can include a watermark on your photos or submit lower-resolution versions until the client has approved and released the payment. Additionally, Upwork has policies in place to protect freelancers' work and prevent clients from misusing it. If you notice any copyright infringement or misuse of your work, you can report it to Upwork support.

ArjayM

Hi Aminul,

Thank you for reaching out to us and raising this query here in the Community. I took a closer look at your account and I can't seem to find any active contracts with a client yet. Please be reminded that you need to have a contract (Fixed-Price or Hourly) established before you start working for a client. The important thing to note is that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. Also, a real client will never ask you to give them money to start working, cash a check for them, work for free, or provide your personal information. 

I think it's best for you to start with the basics. Below you'll find a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork. Good luck!

~ Arjay
Upwork
e734e683
Community Member

Hello sir

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths