🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Please, Review My Profile
Page options
gerrit90
Community Member

Please, Review My Profile

Hey guys,

this is my first time posting here.
I am on UpWork for a few month now, and it starts to get a little bit momentum.
This week I will breach the 1000 Dollar total earnings. 

However, I am still pretty unsatisfied, how few of my proposals come back with an interview invitation.

Could you guys give me a short review of my profile?
What do you like?
What dont you like?
What would you change?

I would appreciate any Feedback!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,400 REPLIES 1,400

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the info. Today I got a reply so I think everything is okay now. I have to be sincere every time I send a proposal.

Regards

farooqumair78
Community Member

I have applied for around 50 projects so far in 1 week. I haven't got a single on yet. I have written a good overview, mentioned all my skills and also taken relevant tests. In short my profile is 100% complete. Can anybody please look at my profile and tell me if there are any changes required? Also tips on how to get the first project would be much appreciated?

If I'm being honest, tests that are below average probably reflect badly on you to clients, even though you passed them.  I would hide those tests until you can retake them and try to get a higher score.  Also, maybe smile a little more in your photo.

When you're writing your cover letters, try to focus on the specific details of that project, and how your skills relate to it and make you the perfect person for it.  Try to tell the client how you can solve their specific problem rather than just telling them the skills you have.  Other than that, it's just luck.

zzxjoanw
Community Member

Hi, I'm new to upwork (and freelancing in general), and I want to make sure my profile is the best it can be. Could I get you lovely people to take a look at it?

I've taken a few tests; the most relevant ones I failed, but I think I have the experience needed for basic projects. What's the best way to mention this in my description?

My profile link

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laura, 

I went ahead and checked your profile and I think you were able to explain what you can offer to your clients. However, I think it's best if you can expound more on your skills and experience, maybe explaining how long have you had these skills to let the client know if you are an expert in the field. 

Please check the freelancer resources we have compiled, and I invite you to listen to this webinar recording to help you improve your profile, and be successful on the platform. 

~ Avery
Upwork
kishor_lalji
Community Member

i think that any reason for this problem... but i don't know it.. i'm also think that something wrong in my profile.. so, please help me,,, check my profile and show me if any kind of mistaks... 

please reply me as soon as posible..

eldargranulo
Community Member

Hello, I've registered to Upwork some time ago, but only in the last few weeks have I prepared my profile as best as I can at the moment.

What I would like to know is how can I improve it further. I have had no Upwork invitations to interview in response to my proposals, which leads me to believe that my profile is not good enough.

So, I kindly ask you to review my profile to and point out its flaws.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~015542a4c4646c117e/

Thanks!

saadahmad65
Community Member

Hi,

Can anyone up there review my profile? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Regards,

Ahmad!

1. Your hourly rate for data entry is more than double the rate most people charge for those jobs

2. Data entry? Really? There are already like 100,000 people sending proposals for those jobs

3. If you are a chemical engineer and are indeed fluent in English, wouldn't you be able to write technical articles? You would earn 10 times more than by typing stuff into excel sheets.

apurvverma
Community Member

Hi Team,

Can anyone have a look at my profile and provide me feedback and basic guidelines based on the scope for improvement.

Thanks in advance,

Apurv Verma

Put space between words and parenthesis.

This "fruit (apple, pear)", instead of this "fruit(apple, pear)".

@Apurv V wrote:

Hi Team,

Can anyone have a look at my profile and provide me feedback and basic guidelines based on the scope for improvement.

Thanks in advance,

Apurv Verma

There’s nothing really wrong with your profile, but it’s too wordy, and there is too much about you. You should focus on what your potential clients want. You need to make the most of the first three lines of your overview. So cut out who you are working with and have worked with, or put it in at the end, and the same goes for your university background.

Emphasize the essential aspects of your skills: Social media analyst, digital marketing, and marketing strategy formulation etc.

zephsyl
Community Member

Hello to all,

I am a newbie not just in Upwork,  but to freelancing as a whole. After setting up my profile, I landed my first job. That kind of blinded me to fact that I needed to learn while searching for jobs.

I have been receiving 0 return to all the proposals I have submitted. 

I believe that learning how to go about it is paramount to my success. I want to begin with my profile. I would be very grateful if you can provide me with feedback on how it looks. What do I need to change, add, remove?

Thank you very much.  

reinierb
Community Member

I may be missing something, but I fail to see a BA degree in your use of the English language in your profile.

Nonetheless, I would remove the bit about clients not knowing what they want. We all know clients sometimes don't know what they want, but clients hate to be reminded of it. Rework that part to explain to clients what you can do for them in practical, tangible terms instead of merley telling them you know more about what they want than they do. Even if you do.

zephsyl
Community Member

Thank you very much for the feedback. I will edit that right away.

partho015
Community Member

hi, um new here. plz, give a chance to prove myself..

Welcome, Partho, but we aren't the people you need to prove yourself to.  You need to prove yourself to CLIENTS.  Unfortunately, with your profile as it is, you will not get that chance.  You say you are a hard worker, but you never state what kind of work you DO!  Are you a writer, translater, web designer, data entry clerk, legal advisor, etc.  If you write, what is your niche?  If a designer, what kind?  Do you have a portfolio to showcase your work?  I'm not sure you are ready to work here, yet.  You seem to need to learn more about how ths platform operates..   Do some study of Upwork, and adjust your profile to fit.  THEN, good luck!

OK, now I see "Adobe Creative Suite" under your name.  Now, add to your statement to tell  more specifics about what you have done and what you specialize in.  Add some portfolio pieces.

The original poster's aggressively non-traditional treatment of the English language and his minimalist approach to his profile page make it clear that he is only playing a prank here or trolling this Forum. He clearly has no real interest in working as a freelancer on Upwork.

Also, Preston, it doesn't appear that he's wearing a tie.  If he is, it's white on white. 

How did this profile get approved?

Are there no humans left on Upwork at all?

lol well at least his profile isn't stolen. 😄 

"i am a good n hard workin person"

Maybe you might try showing that a little by actually filling out your profile?  The irony is astonishing.

aman01091986
Community Member

I am not getting any response from job application from few days from client. I want to know if I am lacking in anything or it is just matter of time.

Hello,

Don't worry, sometimes it can take some time for the employer to reply. It's happened to me before.

But if there's no reply after over a week, I think that means you simply weren't chosen for that job. That also means that you'll need to try to apply to other jobs.

May I suggest that you try to send appliations to more than one job at a time? But not too many though! Smiley Wink

Cassandra

Thans you for your help!!!

You're welcome! Smiley Very Happy

pallavigupta1989
Community Member

Hello Jennifer,

I am very new to Upwork. I have applied for 6 to 7 jobs but have not got any reply so far.

Could you please have a look at my profile and tell me what am I missing.

Regards,

Pallavi Aggarwal

Hi Pallavi, 

I suggest that you change your profile image to something that will allow clients to see your face. Check out this blog post to help you create a good profile photo. 

I would also suggest that you create a profile title that will help you stand out from the rest of the developers, something that will help clients understand what you can offer them, just by glancing at your profile title. 

You may also want to expound on your profile overview a bit. While it shows what skills you possess, it doesn't actually tell me how long have you had experience in a certain software. Maybe you can also upload more portfolio items from the 30-35 projects that you have completed in the past. 

Finally, you may want to read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled to help you create a stellar profile, and be successful on the platform. 

~ Avery
Upwork
ivanov_ivann
Community Member

Hi everybody,

my name is Ivan, I would much appreciate if some power user review my profile and note:

What is ok and what is not.

I am getting almost no invitations for interviews and I have only 57% job success and most jobs require 90% 😞

My standard application message:

Dear Mr....(name of the employer),

My name is Ivan, Marketer with bachelor and master degree in Marketing and Quantitative analyses, have significant experience with analyses in Excel or SPSS,

I had also created questionnaires and conducted surveys using Survey Monkey or Qualtrics and then analyzed the data.

I had a look at you request for consumer buying behaviour towards e bikes via online medium and I am quite interested, considering my experience and the project requirements I believe I am be the best fir for this project. Contact me to discuss more in detail. I am available and can start immediately.

My skills:

For Excel: I have been using excel for the last 8 years and now each day in my work for making analyses (i.e creating reports of sales by combining big data sets and making calculations- pivot tables,predictive models,statistical analyses etc.).

IBM SPSS: around 4 yeas experience with the program. I have performed many statistical analyses starting from - hypothesis testing,t-tests,ANOVA,descriptive stat,frequencies,crosstabs,correlation analysis,,non parametric tests,testing normality and ending with -- predictive models like :regressions,cluster and discriminant analysis,decision trees etc.

Can start immediately. I attached some of my past projects, please have a look at them

Thanks Ivan

Thanks

Ivan

Your proposal letter is basically repeating your profile. 

The client can get all that information from your profile. Personalize the proposal a bit more. Write about the specifics of the job.

It's confusing because you ask for review of your profile, but then you ask about cover letters in your message. I'm going the cover letter route here.

Quick tip: clients see tons of cover letters. In order to get them to open yours, the first 2 lines have to be compelling and very to the point. If you don't address the client's needs and how you can meet them in those first 2 lines you stand a good chance of being skipped over in favor of a freelancer who writes a more enticing cover letter. 

And that's way too long! I started at the beginning and then stopped a few sentences in and i scrolled down. TMI!

I wouldn't want to read an autobiography from applicants. 

You can find a lot of good information about proposals in the forum..and maybe in the help and support section. Why not have a look-see? 

saadahmad65
Community Member

Hi All,

I am new to Upwork and don't know much about putting up a professional and good profile. I request you to review it and leave suggestions. Thank you!

Regards,

Ahmad!

Hi Ahmad, 

Your profile isn't that bad at all.  My suggestions:

1. Instead of starting your overview with Hi There ! be a little more formal, Greetings for example (or just go into your overview). 
  2. My areas of expertise are....
    1. Web Scraping (one "p")
  3. Although I am mostly self-taught...
  4. Expand on the above paragraph if you can.
  5. Great ending to the overview
  6. Remember you are selling yourself to the clients.  Try to answer the question why someone should choose you over someone else with similar skills.  Expert math skills?

If you haven't already, see if your 6.25/hour is relative to others doing the same work.  You don't want to be too low or people will think it's lower quality work.

Take some of the Tests if you can and show them if you do Above Average or better.

Did you do any other work or internships that you can add for Employment History?

Make sure your example work is not copywrite protected and post images of the work if you can.

Good Luck!

Jeff

Ahmad, Upwork offers this service at no charge.  Perhaps someone can share the link?

The rest of us get paid for our time and talent ... and you are essentially asking for free work. Not a practice Upwork looks kindly upon.

Hi Ahmad,

These two links should help:

Create a 100% Complete Freelancer Profile

Enhance Your Upwork Freelancer Profile

Good luck!

excelmasterpk
Community Member

Hey guys,

this is my first time posting here.
I am on UpWork for a weeks now, and it starts to get a little bit momentum.

Last week I just earned 16$ from only one client.I am having problem in getting client , I have only one client and i have completd three of his project and still working with him.From last two weeks I have applied for many projects with no response.

Anyone please share tips regarding propsals.

However, I am still pretty unsatisfied, how few of my proposals come back with an interview invitation.

Could you guys give me a short review of my profile?
What do you like?
What dont you like?
What would you change?

I would appreciate any Feedback!

Regards

Muhammad Hassan Ali

Hello, I've registered to Upwork some time ago, but only in the last few weeks have I prepared my profile as best as I can at the moment.

What I would like to know is how can I improve it further. I have had no Upwork invitations to interview in response to my proposals, which leads me to believe that my profile is not good enough.

So, I kindly ask you to review my profile to and point out its flaws.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~015542a4c4646c117e/

Thanks!

darshak_radadiya
Community Member

My profile strength is 100%. I am daily submitting the proposals.

I never receive response from any client. 

Can anyone look into my profile and suggest if there is any issue?

I don't know if there is any way to improve my rating and feedback as I am a new freelancer and not worked for any client. 

Please suggest me if there is some way to get rating, feedback and response from client regarding my proposals.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths