🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Please, Review My Profile
Page options
gerrit90
Community Member

Please, Review My Profile

Hey guys,

this is my first time posting here.
I am on UpWork for a few month now, and it starts to get a little bit momentum.
This week I will breach the 1000 Dollar total earnings. 

However, I am still pretty unsatisfied, how few of my proposals come back with an interview invitation.

Could you guys give me a short review of my profile?
What do you like?
What dont you like?
What would you change?

I would appreciate any Feedback!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,400 REPLIES 1,400

If you're marketing yourself as a writer, try and make sure the spelling, grammar etc in your profile is spot on. You've used i a couple of times instead of I, there's a couple of commas missing here and there, and I had to Google whether 'what're' was a real word or not. I'm still not convinced whether it is, seems debatable, but it's not something I come across very often, and it's not a contraction that I would use.  

Personally, I feel the confidence displayed in the profile leans a tiny bit to the side of arrogance, but I guess that might be what people are looking for when it comes to SEO and marketing. And I find that US clients (who make up a big portion of clients on Upwork) have a higher tolerance for such things... so maybe I'm just being picky!

Apart from that, it seems pretty good. Nothing glaringly negative in there. You might want to take one or two more skills test.

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Hi Valentino!

There are few flyers and other design related work in your Upwork portfolio section. I suggest that instead of wearing multiple hats just focus on content writing. You can use before and after type portfolio images which includes the previous content v.s your content. You may also share the link of your own blog which includes content on multiple topics.

Thanks,
Zain

Best Wishes Zulqarnain Ansari (Zain)
ijazmahmood
Community Member

How do you get a First job?I send multiple proposal but every client declined my proposal why?

Please check my profile and guide me?

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0138426a40f3cee95f/

Set your profile describtion in bullets.No use words like I am expert in this etc.

When you set proposal talk straight forward.Client sure that you read the project and you are capable for it.

Ask every time 1 or 2 questions in proposal.

thanks 🙂

All product names of software should be capitalized. Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator etc. CS6, not cs6. when using commas, it should be the word, a comma, then a space, then the next word. Not a word ,then a space ,then the next word. 

And the bullet points is a good idea. There's a start!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)

Thanks Scott E 🙂

breslin-kristian
Community Member

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could help or guide me I have a good c.v, all generated around the customer service and sales sector, and I have completed  my profile in full and applied for numerous positions with no response, I was hoping some kind hearted  person would review my profile for me  for any obvious mistakes or provide me with some tips about how to land the proposal, really looking to work online would be very greatful.

Kristian, I'll make a few suggestions. You can list up to 10 skills with your profile, but you only listed one, Excel VBA, so add more skills. Next, your Overview is much too long, and the first 2 or 3 sentences should tell clients why they should hire you. Also, your English is not Native or Bilingual. It really isn't fluent, either, but anyway you should change the setting. Finally, leave out your school grades; that's unnecessary, and B & C grades won't impress clients.

Hello,

this is my first post here.

Could you please review my profile? Just wondering if something's wrong or worth improvement. I would appreciate some opinions from experienced folks here!

Thanks 🙂

bhagyashri22
Community Member

Hi there,

My profile strength is 100%. I am daily submitting the proposals. I have submitted around 40 proposals.

I am not  getting response from client. 

Can anyone look into my profile and suggest if there is any issue?

gdesigngroup
Community Member

Please view my profile and give me some advice how can I get that adorable first job

1. Consistency is the key to success. You will be successful. In the beginning, it is hard to get the job. May be it can take more days to get success. 

2. I viewed your profile and found that you are excellent in the "English Spelling Test (U.S. Version)" & "Technical Writing Skills Certification." You can also apply as a writer as well. It is my opinion. 

Sometimes you get the one job and it goes 2-3 years, and you do not need to apply for jobs then. 

I hope you will get the job soon. 

Hi Abdul

Thank you very much for your attention

Hi Grigor,

I viewed your profile, I am impressed, but here are the things I would recommend you change;

1. Your profile picture: It is too dark, I can't even see your face. Get a brighter picture on a lighter background and don't forget to give a soft smile.

2. Your hourly rate: It is kinda too low for your years of experience. After 10 years of experience, you should not worth $9/hr. Low hourly rates kinda shows you are desperate to land jobs.

3. Tests: Your have 3 different tests on your profile, but none of it is directly related to your skill set. Try programming related tests.

Finally I would advise you visit help and support to learn howw to write killer proposals.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Akinbode A

Hello Akinbode

Thanks for your advises very much

They are really useful 

@Grigor S wrote:

Hello Akinbode

Thanks for your advises very much

They are really useful 

You are welcome. Happy Freelancing..

this-mercedes
Community Member

Deleted

Profile became public without consentment

Hi Mercedes,

You must change your profile to public.

I meant that if you want someone to tell you something about your profile, you should keep it "public", not for a day. There are times that you can get comments after several days and, if the profile is not public, nobody will be able to see it.

I tried to see it but it still appears as "not public". Maybe it takes some time to make it visible.

Deleted

I don't know what happen but, when I try to look at your profile, this is what I see:

Mercedes.jpg

@Maria T wrote:

I don't know what happen but, when I try to look at your profile, this is what I see:

Mercedes.jpg

And I confirm what Maria sees.

Mercedes and others,

Since this is a public Community, your profile won't be accessible via the link on your Community page if it's set as visible for Upwork users only.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

So, how can I see the profile of Mercedes? 

I've searched it by name and I can't see it.

Deleted

Hi moderators, only a phrase in Spanish, please Smiley Wink

Hola Mercedes, sólo saludar en español, no está permitido escribir en otro idioma que Inglés Man Frustrated

Well, I'm not the right person to tell you something about your profile.
It is better that you leave the "public" profile for a few days so that some fellow who is also involved in the translation can tell you something.
Also, my English is very poor.

Good luck with your work here.

María

Deleted

Woman Very Happy I'll try Woman LOL

ijazmahmood
Community Member

Hy!

My profile strength is 100%. I am daily submitting the proposals. I have submitted around 40 proposals.

I am not  getting response from client. 

Can anyone look into my profile and suggest if there is any issue?

My profile link :

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0138426a40f3cee95f/

Hello Muhammad,

I have submitted more than 50 proposals to get my first job in here. Write good proposals and keep trying Smiley Happy

Heshan J.

majdabuirshaid
Community Member

Hello , I'm new to upwork and the whole freelancing scene , I'm already getting invitations and messages from potential clients , I need to know what can I add to my profile to make it stand out ? I'm slowly building it and going to add a portfolio in the next couple of days , would love some feedback. Thanks in advance!
Here's the link of my profile: https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~014846d59496c5af22/

Majd:

I sense that you are a serious person who is serious about your desire to work and earn money.

You set yourself up on Upwork as a data entry clerk.

Don't bother. Too many people do this. It is dead end. This path is not meant for somebody who is ambitious and flexible, as you are.

Learn some actual skills and present yourself as an expert in those, or focus on working in your local economy.

Thank you for your feedback ! I set myself up as a data entry clerk because that's what I've been doing for a living for the past 6 years , I'm currently studying telecommunications engineering and have taken numerous web development courses , I'm still not ready to work on any programming projects because I'm not experienced enough. I don't like to disappoint my employers so I'll take it slowly from here.

You in a field along with thousands of other data entry operators. You have no special skills that make you stand out. You also list $15 an hour. NO data entry freelancer earns that much if awarded a job. So, if you send proposals for a job, it's like throwing it into a huge bowl and having the client just pick someone.

Hello , thank you for the feedback. The 15$/hour is just the rate I set up when I joined upwork , I'm still familiarizing myself with upwork and the average rates , whenever I propose for a job I list the skills needed for doing the job and I do not make proposals for projects that have over 15-20 applicants. I do not propose with the 15$/hour rate , my bid is usually 3-5$/hour and a reasonable rate on fixed price projects.

techalamin
Community Member

I have joined upwork a few days ago. Everything was good, as I was getting some messages/interviews from clients and successfully completed 3 contracts.

I thing I have noticed recently after verifying my profile and ID, that no clients are replying me back. I may not have sent one or two proposals very sincerely but I am a bit worried at this stage as there is any other problem with my profile or not. I am getting this weird feeling that clients are not receiving my proposals or something. Is there any problem arise with my profile?

Hi Al,

I'm sorry you haven't received response from clients recently. It looks like your account was verified and there are no issues currently with it. All proposals are delivered to clients and they can view them. Check out this article for tips on submitting winning proposals to clients.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Good day.
I have very low marketing effectiveness.
Maybe something wrong with my Profile or skills?
I submit proposals only for my professional skills.

https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~018aa4f4bc2c0e056a/

Recently I found out that people with low effectiveness would be banned.
That makes me sad.

Hi Alexander, 

Users with low marketing effectiveness will not be banned from the platform. Marketing effectiveness is a statistic that shows how many people are viewing and visiting your profile. 

If you want to make your profile stand out from the rest, rewrite an overview into something that will make a client gain insight on what you can do for them, what skills you have, and what experiences you have had with the skills that you mentioned. 

I would also suggest that you take skills tests in the Graphics Design category to show potential clients that you are knowledgeable in the field. 

Please check the freelancer resources we compiled to help you work successfuly on the platform. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths