🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile Issue
Page options
dave_reyburn
Community Member

Profile Issue

My profile currently shows 1 job. The number is correct but is it hurting my chances of landing work? Thank you for any insights you can provide! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Luke, for taking the time to check my profile and provide such a thoughtful answer.

To be honest, I was thinking about bailing on Upwork but I'm inclined to keep pitching until I find the stategy that works for me. I might be chasing the wrong clients. 

Good luck with your hunting!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
luke-stilson
Community Member

Short answer, not at all.

I viewed your profile, and I could see you had "1 job."

I could also see that your resume includes 4 major positions at companies, education, and a list of skills you have.  Any client remotely familiar with Upwork will see that you've had one job.. on Upwork.  This is a plus.  You know how to use upwork, and you'd successfully completed a contract. 

I agree that Upwork should consider changing the wording on this to "1 job completed through Upwork," but this isn't what clients focus on when viewing your profile, especially clients who have hired through Upwork before.

Best,

Luke

Thanks, Luke, for taking the time to check my profile and provide such a thoughtful answer.

To be honest, I was thinking about bailing on Upwork but I'm inclined to keep pitching until I find the stategy that works for me. I might be chasing the wrong clients. 

Good luck with your hunting!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths