🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Questions regarding: portfolio, payment, and ...
Page options
b7f9355f
Community Member

Questions regarding: portfolio, payment, and connects

Hello,

I am starting with UpWork and I have 4 questions. 

1. Since I am new, and my area of work is ESL teaching, proofreading, and editing, should I try creating a portfolio for the profile? I am not sure what is relevant to publish.
  2. When should I enter my payment info on the profile?
  3. When is the right time to create a specialized profile- right away or after completing some projects?
  4. What are the conditions for renewing connects (if any)?

I would greatly appreciate your support. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
pudingstudio
Community Member

Minea K wrote:

Hello,

I am starting with UpWork and I have 4 questions. 

1. Since I am new, and my area of work is ESL teaching, proofreading, and editing, should I try creating a portfolio for the profile? I am not sure what is relevant to publish.
  2. When should I enter my payment info on the profile?
  3. When is the right time to create a specialized profile- right away or after completing some projects?
  4. What are the conditions for renewing connects (if any)?

I would greatly appreciate your support. Thanks in advance!

1. Portfolio is important. If unsure what to publish within your niche, chek out your fellow freelancers.
Do NOT copy their style, it won't work FOR YOU. Check them to be more familiar with the platform and give YOUR take via your profile.
2. Now.
3. Unclear.
Some freelancers enjoy this feature, some don't care for it.
4. There are conditions in a sense that you have to buy them.
You can understand more about it either by searching the keyword "connects" here on community or by checking this link:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects

Please NOTE that this is only MY take on your queries. I do not represent UpWork, I'm just a freelancer like yourself.

robin_hyman
Community Member

Definitely review top rated freelancers and see what they do regarding portfolios and specialized profiles.  The specialized profiles haven't worked for me so I only use the general profile.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths