🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Could it be a good idea to attach a sampl...
Page options
roberty1y
Community Member

Re: Could it be a good idea to attach a sample of the actual job required already solved?

It depends. As most proposals don't get any response from the client (there are far more freelancers here than clients), including part of the job in your proposal will probably be a waste of time. But there is no rule against it. However, it's forbidden for clients to ask freelancers to do any work without pay.

2 REPLIES 2
c08c0e76
Community Member

Thanks, I agree with both answers, but in web scraping I selected cases that I was able to solve in a matter of two or three hours, and for example gave a file with a 2000 records from the specific site solicited in the job publication as proof. So despite my time wasting I would like to know if, from the client´s point of view, to have a non solicited attachment in the proposal is considered positive/negative/indifferent/annoying. Just to understand how the thing works.

That's impossible to say. It depends on the client and the circumstances. If the work you did took a long time, the client might get the impression that you are desperate for work, and therefore wonder why nobody is hiring you, so that would be a negative outcome. If you attach some kind of sample, I think it should be as small as possible, just enough to give the client an idea of your ability.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths