🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Regarding best payment method for Indians
Page options
ragini123
Community Member

Regarding best payment method for Indians

Hi I am Ragini. Recently started job in upwork from India. Can any one help me which is best payment method to recieve money for Indians. I tried PayPal and lost neraly 10% money. Is direct local bank is best option? Guide me please.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you so much for your valuable answer about best method for Indians to
receive money.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
abu_ansarul-mush
Community Member

Hi Ragini! There are several payment methods available for Indian freelancers on Upwork, and the best option for you will depend on your personal preferences and circumstances. Here are some popular options:

1. Direct local bank transfer: This is a popular option for Indian freelancers, as it is generally reliable and offers competitive exchange rates. Upwork charges a flat fee of $0.99 per transfer, and your bank may also charge a fee for receiving international transfers.
  2. Payoneer: Payoneer is a payment service that offers a free Mastercard debit card that you can use to withdraw your earnings at ATMs worldwide. You can also link your Payoneer account to your local bank account for free transfers. Payoneer charges a fee for currency conversion and ATM withdrawals, so be sure to check their fee schedule before signing up.
  3. Skrill: Skrill is a popular e-wallet that allows you to receive payments from Upwork and withdraw them to your local bank account. Skrill charges a fee for currency conversion and bank transfers, so be sure to check their fee schedule before signing up.
  4. TransferWise: TransferWise is a payment service that offers competitive exchange rates and low fees for international transfers. You can link your TransferWise account to your local bank account and receive payments from Upwork directly. TransferWise charges a small fee for transfers, which varies depending on the currency and amount transferred.

Ultimately, the best payment method for you will depend on your personal circumstances and priorities. Direct local bank transfer is generally a reliable and affordable option for Indian freelancers, but you may want to consider other options if you prefer a faster or more flexible payment service.

Thank you so much for your valuable answer about best method for Indians to
receive money.

Consider Pingpong Account for better cost and experience.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths