🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Restore account
Page options
vsamara
Community Member

Restore account

I had a freelancer account on Upwork for more than 3 years. It also had a client company associated with it. Yesterday I decided to tidy up the profile and start searching for jobs. This included removing the client company as it was no longer required. 

I pressed the "close account" button on the client company page and my ENTIRE account was closed after a single pop-up confirmation window. No email confirmation, no 24 hour wait before deletion. With a snap of a finger I accidently deleted my entire account in a matter of seconds. On a side note, this probably has been one of the worst UX cases I have ever seen.

What's worse, is that I can't even use my work email to register a new account, as the Upwork system doesn't accept it. And I can't access support without registering. So I had to create this account to attempt to restore my old one. Hope it works out.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vincent,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Vincent,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and assist you further with your account, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths