🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Scam Projects and How to Report Them
Page options
6892754d
Community Member

Scam Projects and How to Report Them

Hello, 

First of all, I am very excited about working on Upwork but unfortunately, after being hit by a number of scam projects **Edited for Community Guidelines**, I am wondering how long do I keep positive and keep on applying for a project to finally get paid. How do I report these people, whose numbers are alarming? I had to call the organizations above to inform them what was going on in their company's name. It still does not solve my problem with scam projects. I can forward the documents that were sent to me as job offer letters if you want. Please do advise me in regard to this as your positive response is definitely expected.

Thanks 

M Tanveer "Tan" H

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

3 REPLIES 3
mwiggenhorn
Community Member

First of all, don't bother the actual companies.  They are well aware of what is going on.  Whenever you see a scammy post, just flag it and move on.  Upwork is well aware of the current flood of spam job posts and apparently is working on the problem.  Please read all the posts about scams here in the community and educated yourself about scams.  

Read this excellent post from a freelancer, which is also available on the right side of this page: https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/List-of-red-flags-for-scams/m-p/1017044/highlight/true....  

Also, "Data Entry" is scam heaven.  You have better, more useable skills than that.

Scammers target newbies so be sure your profile doesn't indicate that you are new.  And know that when you are new, pretty much every invitation you receive will be a scam.  Go

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

First of all, you can help these organisations by not naming them in the forum (which is not allowed, by the way), since they had nothing to do with these scams. You should also be aware that you are not allowed to exchange contact information with clients before you are hired (and you're certainly not allowed to post your contact information in the forum, either); if you had followed this rule, you wouldn't have had your time wasted in the first place.

Hypa Gooner M wrote:

I can forward the documents that were sent to me as job offer letters if you want.  

There's no such thing as a job offer letter; you're either offered an official contract via Upwork, or you're dealing with a scammer. 

## Thanks for the quick response. My apologies in regards for my silly
mistakes. I will be careful in the future.
Thanks Again.
##
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths