🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Seeking guidance for winning my first freelan...
Page options
d2fde53a
Community Member

Seeking guidance for winning my first freelancing project as a newcomer

Dear community,

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Muhammad, and I am a talented copywriter with a passion for crafting compelling stories and persuasive business content. While I have been fortunate enough to work with some amazing companies in the past, I have been frustrated with the low salary I have received and am now eager to take my career to the next level by starting my own freelance business.

Despite my best efforts, I have had difficulty securing my first client and am seeking guidance on how to improve my profile and increase my chances of success. I have a strong portfolio of work, but I am unsure of the best way to present it in a professional and appealing manner.

I would be extremely grateful for any advice or suggestions from the community on how to showcase my skills and experience in the most effective way possible. If you have any thoughts or recommendations, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you for taking the time to read my message, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely, Muhammad

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Muhammad,

Christine is correct. Adding to what she said, please check this learning path.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for reaching out! I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Don’t hesitate to visit the  Academy and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

Good luck!

~ AJ
Upwork

Hello Annie Jane,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to apologize for the delay in my response. I have been very busy and I am sorry that I was not able to get back to you sooner.

I am glad that you were able to provide me with some helpful resources. I have been able to use them to learn more about these topics. However, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to also provide me with some resources in video format. I find that I am able to retain information better when it is presented to me in this way.

Thank you for your understanding and for considering my request. I look forward to receiving any additional resources you are able to provide.

Sincerely, 

Muhammad

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-To-Upwork-102/Crafting-Your-Profile-Title-amp-Overview/ta-p/1084...

The first thing that you need to do is upload a headshot of yourself; it's a requirement here.

Hi Muhammad,

Christine is correct. Adding to what she said, please check this learning path.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths