🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Setting up my account for my business
Page options
ac47acd6
Community Member

Setting up my account for my business

Hello,

Here are the two things that I want to do:

I want to transfer my earnings to my company accound I also want to get invoice from UpWork for the comissions.

How can I setup the transfer method for my company? I am the sole owner of my company, so I assume it should be possible to setup, but I don't know how to do it, please kindly explain how to do this.

Second thing I want to do is to get invoice from Upwork for commisions, but the invoices must include my company's tax number and my companies name.

Please explain to me how to set these up

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
NikolaS

Hi Alperen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. To help safeguard our users, we require your name to match the name on any bank accounts or payment methods you intend to use. To set up payment, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on the chosen account, or be able to demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork. You can find more information in this help article

Feel free to add the payment method you are authorised to use if any issue arises our team will reach out to you directly.

Regarding your concern about the invoice. Invoices include your client's company name, company owner's name, and the company's contact address. If they have a VAT number, that will be included, too. You may want to check the help articles below for more information: 

~ Nikola
Upwork
ac47acd6
Community Member

Nicola please try to understand my question better.

I am trying to get my earnings to my compny's account how can I do it?

Hi Alperen,

Thank you for your message. I see that you only have a freelancer account. As mentioned by Nikola, your payment method needs to match your registered name on your Upwork account. You can create an Agency account from the Settings page with your company details including your company name, payment and tax details. You can refer to this help page for more information. You can add additional team members to your Agency account by upgrading to the Agency Plus plan.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hello Pradeep,

Thank you for your answer.

In the article Nikola sent me it says the following:

ac47acd6_0-1663253680852.png

Could please take a look at the highlighted area, it seems like I can use my company's bank account to transfer my earnings, but I have to prove that I am the owner.

Where should I submit those documents to?

Thanks!

Hi Alperen,

That's right! Please allow 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If they need any clarification from you they will reach out directly in order to assist you. You'd get a chance to submit your documents then.

~Andrea
Upwork
ac47acd6
Community Member

Hello Andrea!
Could you please tell me where to submit the forms listed in the article? 

Thanks!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alperen, 

If the team needs more information from you, they will reach out to you through an email and will provide a link where you can securely submit your verification documents. Until the team requests this information from you, you don't need to send this yet.

~ Avery
Upwork
ac47acd6
Community Member

Thank you for your response Avery,

Would it be possible to push the team as I need to urgently transfer my earnings to my business bank account

Thanks!

Hi Alperen,

This is the standard timeframe for resolving name mismatches as the team reviews the requests in the order that they are received. We appreciate your continued patience.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thank you Annie,

May I at least ask if my mismatch issue is in progress for the review or not?

Thanks!

Hi Alperen,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you on the registered email address to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep,

I am waiting them to turn up 🙂

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths