🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » 💡 Starting on Upwork: Key Steps to Success
Page options
n_pudikova
Community Member

💡 Starting on Upwork: Key Steps to Success

Hi everyone,

Reading through the “New to Upwork” threads, I’ve noticed a few common concerns:

1. Not receiving 50 free connects
  2. Lack of interest in my profile
  3. Difficulty getting a job

These are all legitimate questions, but you might be overlooking the most important one: “What have I done to positively address these issues?

1. :scroll:Did I read the Terms of Service properly and understand that I have two options: either subscribe to a Plus membership or buy 100 connects for $15 to get my 50 free connects on top? Most probably, NO
  2. :trophy:Did I make sure that my profile stands out? Did I research Top Rated or Top Rated Plus freelancers in my niche to see what makes them so successful (not to plagiarize, but to learn)? Most probably, NO

3. 🎓Have I completed an “Upwork Academy” learning path to understand what my proposal should look like to catch a client's attention? Most probably, NO

Until new freelancers can answer “YES” to all three questions, the cycle will continue.

We’re here to support you and guide you. Feel free to post your questions, but make sure you have those three “YES” answers first.

Cheers,
Natasha
International Recruiter

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

I have read ToS and paid connects. I do not need 50 for free. I have done research about Toprated. I have read Academy. Can you propose magic key for me to receive at leas one little job? 😺

Do you mean on top of the other 65 active jobs you have? 😂 😋

It is my private collection of abandoned jobs. Time from time i looking there to remember 2022, when clients was here, and jobs. 😸

091e163c
Community Member

I am new on Upwork, and I applied for about 15-20 jobs, and there was no registration that anyone visited my profile! I also have my Project Catalog posted, and there are some views registered for them! Why there is no registered views for my profile, and also no response from any client!

I am a professional and experienced in the fields of design, and my profile is standing out! It could be too artistic for very general commercial purposes, but I am sure there are clients who are looking more refined design solutions.

Any tips or guidance are welcomed!

Thank you

One advice: your profile set to private. Open it, more clients will found you.

1.jpg

Hi Mykola,
Thanks for the response!

My profile is set to Upwork users only!  I don't know how it is seen as private*

When I was absent for a few weeks from Upwork, I found out that Upwork turned off my Availability badge, without contacting me. Is this usual Upwork response if you are not active for a while?

Yes. Ping some moderator. He will unlock you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths