๐Ÿˆ
ยป Forums ยป New to Upwork ยป Re: ๐Ÿ’ก Starting on Upwork: Key Steps to Succe...
Page options
n_pudikova
Community Member

๐Ÿ’ก Starting on Upwork: Key Steps to Success

Hi everyone,

Reading through the โ€œNew to Upworkโ€ threads, Iโ€™ve noticed a few common concerns:

1. Not receiving 50 free connects
  2. Lack of interest in my profile
  3. Difficulty getting a job

These are all legitimate questions, but you might be overlooking the most important one: โ€œWhat have I done to positively address these issues?โ€

1. :scroll:Did I read the Terms of Service properly and understand that I have two options: either subscribe to a Plus membership or buy 100 connects for $15 to get my 50 free connects on top? Most probably, NO
  2. :trophy:Did I make sure that my profile stands out? Did I research Top Rated or Top Rated Plus freelancers in my niche to see what makes them so successful (not to plagiarize, but to learn)? Most probably, NO

3. ๐ŸŽ“Have I completed an โ€œUpwork Academyโ€ learning path to understand what my proposal should look like to catch a client's attention? Most probably, NO

Until new freelancers can answer โ€œYESโ€ to all three questions, the cycle will continue.

Weโ€™re here to support you and guide you. Feel free to post your questions, but make sure you have those three โ€œYESโ€ answers first.

Cheers,
Natasha
International Recruiter

7 REPLIES 7
spectralua
Community Member

I have read ToS and paid connects. I do not need 50 for free. I have done research about Toprated. I have read Academy. Can you propose magic key for me to receive at leas one little job? ๐Ÿ˜บ

Do you mean on top of the other 65 active jobs you have? ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‹

It is my private collection of abandoned jobs. Time from time i looking there to remember 2022, when clients was here, and jobs. ๐Ÿ˜ธ

091e163c
Community Member

I am new on Upwork, and I applied for about 15-20 jobs, and there was no registration that anyone visited my profile! I also have my Project Catalog posted, and there are some views registered for them! Why there is no registered views for my profile, and also no response from any client!

I am a professional and experienced in the fields of design, and my profile is standing out! It could be too artistic for very general commercial purposes, but I am sure there are clients who are looking more refined design solutions.

Any tips or guidance are welcomed!

Thank you

One advice: your profile set to private. Open it, more clients will found you.

1.jpg

Hi Mykola,
Thanks for the response!

My profile is set to Upwork users only!  I don't know how it is seen as private*

When I was absent for a few weeks from Upwork, I found out that Upwork turned off my Availability badge, without contacting me. Is this usual Upwork response if you are not active for a while?

Yes. Ping some moderator. He will unlock you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths