Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting to lose hope...

Community Guru
Lila G Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
11 of 15

Nicole,

One, don't lose hope - we have all been there. The key is staying optimistic and consistent. I can't take a look at your profile but I would highly encourage you to see what others successful freelancers are doing in your category. Take a look at their profile summary, links and then brainstorm what can you do to make your profile. Also learning how to write an awesome proposal.

I wanted to share this podcast link, where an Upwork freelancer struggles in the beginning and after the several proposals she was able to land her first job. https://archilancing.podbean.com/e/008-freelancing-from-bangladesh-as-your-main-income-with-sadia/

Hope that helps!

Lila
Nicole L Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
12 of 15

Thank you for your input. I will give that podcast a listen and I will do some research on how to better my profile, I probably could work on my cover letters so I will aslo look into that. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
13 of 15

Your profile is Private now, so I don't know what field you are in and can't offer specific comments. But I second Lila's notes. Search for FLs who are successfully doing what you want to do, and study how they are doing it: their profiles, their experience and credentials, their rates, the types of projects they're doing, etc. 

Choose carefully when spending your connects. Submit your proposals and don't look back. It's highly unusual to hear back from a client unless they are interested in hiring you. I came here with 20+ years of FL experience and it took six months to feel like I was starting to get a little bit of traction, and over a year to start getting busy. 

Meanwhile, spend time studying the support materials that help you understand how the platform works, contract terms, billing, payments, etc.

Good luck!

Nicole L Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
14 of 15

I didn't realize my profile was set to private, Does this mean no one can see it even after the proposal is submitted?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
15 of 15

Nicole L wrote:

I didn't realize my profile was set to private, Does this mean no one can see it even after the proposal is submitted?

Your potential clients will be able to see it when you send a proposal, but if you want anyone in the community to give you any advice on it, you will need to set it to public. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS