🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Suspended contract
Page options
jasperautencio
Community Member

Suspended contract

I get hired by the client he offered hourly and my task is PDF to Word but after I completed the task and send it to the client it suddenly appear that the contract is on hold/suspended. What did I do wrong? Please help me I am just newbie in upwork/freelance. Thank you in advance.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasper,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. For more information, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jasper,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns.

You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. For more information, please check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello,

I have a similar issue, I got a contract but it was suspended by Upwork. The client asked for an update on the task but I informed him that it was suspended by Upwork and I have been informed to stop working on it until it is resolved. But the client replied that I do not work for Upwork but him, and I should continue with the contract. I tried to explain that I work on Upwork platform and I can be removed if I do not follow their rules and regulations.

He ended the contract after a few hours of our conversation. He stated that I have refused to work and he will give me a 1 star review.

Kindly assist. What should I do??

Hi Aheshola,

I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience with a client and I appreciate your firmly following Upwork's policies and recommendations. 

If a client has a history of poor collaboration, has been flagged (or has been suspended for Terms of Service violations), then the client's feedback will not count against your Job Success Score.

~ Valeria
Upwork
rohitjs2018
Community Member

Hi there,

My 2 contracts has been suspended by upwork, not sure if something I did wrong or is it from clients end, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi Rohit,

I checked, and it looks like our team is currently reviewing the contract. I've escalated this to our team, and one of our agents will reach out to your client directly to assist further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Joanne,

Thanks for your response! hopefully it will get resolved soon so that I can resume working on the tasks asap as I was very close to accomplish the task and this creates frustration at the end with all the hardwork.. 

hope to hear from you soon.. thanks!

Hi Joanne or Valeria,

Contracts still shows suspended for me, and I haven't hear anything from any end. I am not sure if my logged amount will be paid or not, and when contracts will be going to activate again.

Please do the needful and asap so I can continue on the work.

Thanks!

Hi Rohit,

I would like to confirm that our team has reached out to your client. Once their problem is resolved, the hold on your contract will be lifted as well. If any issues arise, our team will reach out to you directly as well and will assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kofogt
Community Member

Hi everyone,

I am working on a contract, the client I work for had an issue that lead to my contract suspended TEMPORARILY.

I was meant to be paid today and it got fixed (my contract is active now) but the funds are "in review".

Will this be released today?

Thanks,😃

Best Regards,
Kofo GT

Hi Kofoworola,

I checked and it looks like this is an Hourly Contract and you're eligible for Faster Payouts. Please note that if there are any issues and the client's billing method cannot be successfully charged before the cutoff time for the faster payouts, the payment may be delayed. You should receive your funds as per the usual Weekly Billing Cycle.

~Andrea
Upwork
sheikh_adnan
Community Member

Hello,
I am working with a client, I did work 40 hours for him and logged the hours too on the contract timesheet. Then When I tried to log more hours for the remaining work I saw that contract is suspended and I cannot log the hours anymore. I can see the client's payment method is verified. I can also see my payment in the review under Reports/Review. Along with this, I can also see that client has spent 824$ and this is the only contract he has so it was spent on my contract. I informed him about this, and he also talked to support but I couldn't understand the exact issue he told me about. Now I am confused about what should I do, if that payment is in review and being shown as a spent amount in the client's details, will I get the payment next week? When this contract will be active again and I will be log the remaining hours. The client is asking me to continue working as he needs things urgently. I am afraid if I refuse to work with him anymore until the contract is active he could just cancel the contract and leaves bad feedback what will happen in this case? Will I get the hours logged? what about eh extra work which I had already done before I came to know that contract is suspended? Will it affect my profile too if he cancels the contract? I am sorry I know I put a lot of questions but I really do have a lot of concerns right now.

Note: I logged all the hours manually but the client agreed to the number of hours decided on call. I know it's not protected by Upwork hourly protection. But client's account says his payment is verified.

Please help me with this. Thanks

Hi Adnan,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. However, I can see that the client is communicating with the team about the situation. You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract. For more information, please check out this help article.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f4a9345a
Community Member

I am new on Upwork, I got hired by client but later suspended by Upwork and have reach out to the client, he said they've resolved the issues but the contract is still suspended. What is the problem.

Hi Blessings,

Please do not continue working on the project, as our team is still working with your client to resolve this issue as soon as possible. You will receive a notification once it is okay to work on the contract again. I appreciate your patience!

~ Joanne
Upwork
0146ca8e
Community Member

Okay no problem 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths