🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Testing app requires open new acct using pers...
Page options
100300b2
Community Member

Testing app requires open new acct using personal info - stipulates no test accounts or staging area

Good day.

I'm new to Upwork and I've just received a message from my first active candidate.

The candidate notes that I must sign up for an account - using my personal information - that allows me to start a required subscription needed for testing (the candidate outlines options for subscription payment by either: upfront via paycheck or using upwork manual time addition in the hourly contract).

The candidate stipulates that there is  "no test account or staging area."

Having worked as a QA Test Engineer, I've tested financial applications using test accounts under a staging area. QA had to lobby management for anonymized production data to test in the staging area. 

So I would appreciate guidance about 1) creating financial accounts using my personal data 2) how common is it that Upwork app clients do not have test accounts or staging areas and 3) the proper way to decline an opportunity (the candidate is waiting for a response from me).

Thanks for your help.

-Jeffery

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for reaching out. I shared this with our team and at the moment, there's no strong indication yet that there's a violation on the job post you're referring to. Although, we highly recommend that you send us a flag should you encounter any suspicious activity at all. 

Also, please take some time to review our ToS, read these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and read this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. 

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
759e32fa

Hi Jeffery,

Thank you for reaching out. I shared this with our team and at the moment, there's no strong indication yet that there's a violation on the job post you're referring to. Although, we highly recommend that you send us a flag should you encounter any suspicious activity at all. 

Also, please take some time to review our ToS, read these tips on how to avoid questionable jobs, and read this post from our Community member, Wes, about top red flags for scams for you to keep yourself safe in the marketplace. 

~ AJ
Upwork

Good day, Annie.

Thanks for your prompt response.

I very much appreciate the information you provided and I will definitely consider your team's assessment and I will certainly review all the material you suggested.

Thanks again.

-Jeffery

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Jeffery M wrote:

The candidate notes that I must sign up for an account - using my personal information - that allows me to start a required subscription needed for testing (the candidate outlines options for subscription payment by either: upfront via paycheck or using upwork manual time addition in the hourly contract).

There's no way that I'd consider this. The proper way to decline? "No, thank you."

Good day, Christine.

Between being new to Upwork and having my testing background, it was hard to know what to do.

You've helped me make peace with my decision...and "No, thank you" sounds just right.

Thanks!

-Jeffery

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths