🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The Client cancel the contract and asked for ...
Page options
fe5375f8
Community Member

The Client cancel the contract and asked for a refund after completing the job.

The client cancel the contract and asked for a refund after completing the job. He asked for a chemical breakdown and I do it. After completing my job for the milestone. He cancel the contract and asked for a refund by showing requirements. The requirements vary in every message.  Please suggest that I have to start a dispute or either give up to save my jss.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

I'd say it depends on how much money you stand to lose. And since you don't have that many completed jobs, negative feedback from this client would probably negatively impact you JSS a lot. And also keep in mind that if you dispute it and go all the way to arbitration, that will cost you amost $300 whether you win or lose.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

I'd say it depends on how much money you stand to lose. And since you don't have that many completed jobs, negative feedback from this client would probably negatively impact you JSS a lot. And also keep in mind that if you dispute it and go all the way to arbitration, that will cost you amost $300 whether you win or lose.

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

If the client cancelled the contract, he already left feedback, so the impact on your JSS has already occurred and won't be affected whether you dispute or not. If you think the client has no reason to be dissatisfied, it doesn't cost anything to go to mediation and try to at least compromise instead of just handing money back to the client. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths