🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » The best way to manage someone's else project...
Page options
alina_tr
Community Member

The best way to manage someone's else project on Upwork

Hi everyone!

The client hired for a project. My duties are to find a freelancer for him on Upwork and manage the project until it's complete. My client also has a profile on Upwork (that's how he hired me).

Is there a way for us to create some sort of collaboration here on Upwork so that I can manage the communication and the payment will be withdrawn from my client's account? Basically, we will be one client but I will be responsible for managing the process and we somehow need to pay the freelancer. Preferably in the most simple way possible:)

Is there any solution Upwork offers for this sort collaboration? 

2 REPLIES 2
jodypm
Community Member

Hi Alina,

Yes, you can add co-workers and collaborators to the project to communicate and pay the freelancer. To do what you are referring to (have the power to pay, etc.), you will be adding a Hiring Manager.

Here's how to do that:

From the Messages Room (the message thread), click on the ellipsis menu (...) beside the telephone icon (often called a 'more' menu). From the drop-down menu, select People, and then under Add a Coworker, select Invite coworkers.

After that, you'll see the option to add the person as a Hiring Manager, capable of hiring and paying freelancers.

Additionally, please see this page.

Wishing you the best of success on Upwork,

Jody PM

upwork-hiring-mgrs.jpg

alina_tr
Community Member

That helped a lot! Thank you, Jody. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths