🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Tips for finding that first job
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,774 REPLIES 1,774
b9b7a802
Community Member

Hi I'm Dane this is my first work from home job as English and Filipino translator, subtitle writer, and closed captioner. Though I don't have experience, I do have a knowledge to edit some of the mistranslated and misspelled words and synchronized it perfectly which is from my favorite shows, I do that as a hobby.

I'm new in upwork community and someone invited me to look at the job he posted. I've already sent a proposal but I'm little bit nervous about the interview. Any advice since this is my first interview from work from home job. Thanks

I'm a writer, I can't make a face on every conversation, please, job

Have you even read Andrea's (moderator) main post?
Start there to create a proper profile. Now yours is nothing. You won't get a job that way, just maybe some scam.

By the way, you must write your profile in English.

Hello hope you are doing great!

I am trying to get job but still didn't get any. Please evaluate my profile and let me know if there are any adjustments I need make.

-https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01087edee111ad6187

Suhaib Ansari

You should really scoll to the top of this page and read Andrea from Upwork's suggestions. Please follow them. Too many people are asking for advice and not even adapting anything of what Upwork representatives are offering.

I am also finding a best job, but it didn't yet.

Suhaib, your copy is 99.9 % perfect English!  I would suggest adding "I" as the first word in your last paragraph.  Wonderful job! 

Miss Dawn

Hi Maria

I have just uploaded my profile and work experiences but I have not video clip of my work experiences, is it mandatory to upload it?

Thanks

Besh

Thanks for upwork!

hi thise is meriam I can introduce myself and advertising article translates 

Plz help me to make money 

HI 

I am  trying to get my first client for social media management but  still not get.

Okay your will get give going all best 

Akullo Loy

Hi,
kindly review my profile

Suhaib Ansari

Its good

Yup, it is buddy!

Hello bobby D,

I joined upwork some months ago and i have not landed my first job yet. i have udergone the 'New to upwork training and earned a badge, submitted several proposals still no luck. please is there anything i can do?

please kindly go through my profile.

we know 

Yes Mam I am here 

Try again

Your profile is nothing. Just a couple of sentences that will not get you more than responses or invitations from scammers.
Besides, I'm afraid you're lying. What about your level of English? Sorry, but it looks like it's nothing more than basic.
Not even the title, which makes no sense, is well written.
And let's not mention the presentation. You are not "I am experienced in English language".
Read this, everything, links included before you start submitting proposals.
- https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/To-all-freelancers-looking-for-help/m-p/1230482#M734358

Hello Maria

I will like to get feedback on my profile as well

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0124772f1a5b6edd42

Not showing up on my end, how to leave a feedback? Thanks!

You have to ask**Edited for community guidelines**or former business associates to leave 2-3 sentences in the testimonial section on your profile.

Hello Maria T,

Would you like to review my profile?

Thank you very much!

SAME HERE.

I'm Newly Joint Upwork

Watch as many 'Learning Path Videos' 

Train  in Profile creation

How to have a client hire you with a great cover letter

Videos are on the upperd  'Right' of this page in the Community.

Good Luck, All the best!+

Im expert in content Writing

Momina

Hello.
I would like to get feedback on my profile.
Thank you.

good luck

i am new. how do i get a work

I am new at Upwork and updating my profile so that I can find my first client faster. Although I am nervous but hopeful.

okay

Hi;

i am a graphic designer, contant writer and digital marketer  i'm new on upwork i'm trying to get clint but still not get.

I am  trying to get my first client for social media management but  still not get.

I'm also trying to get my first client on Crowdfunding but I can't still get one

Here is y Upwork link if you can just refer a client to me I will be so happy

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0124772f1a5b6edd42

Abdullah

Your profile is set private and that's why you couldn't get client

Kuindly set your profile to publicPrivate profilePrivate profile

Hello, you just need to be at ease. Trust your skills and get ready through some preparations video for interviews in Youtube. Good luck that bro!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths