🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: Tips for finding that first job
Page options
AndreaG

Tips for finding that first job

Hi all,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! We know landing that first contract can be challenging, so we built Upwork Academy and threads like this to help you get started. With a lot of resources and so little time, we wanted to put together some recommendations for you to check out first:

Do you have a specific question or maybe a tip to offer? Reply to this post and share your question, advice, or words of inspiration!

~Andrea
Upwork
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,774 REPLIES 1,774

Waiting for your suggestions

The people who respond and provide advice are all volunteers. The paid Upwork staff members are the moderators, who are identified in their posts. You will find people may be more willing to give you free help if you were not acting like you were paying. You waited 3 (three) minutes before posting again?

Your profile is private, and it needs to be viewed to see what's going on. If you make it public, and show a little patience, someone might be kind enough to help you.

Go to the top of the page, and use the Academy. Your profile must be excellent, your proposals must be even better. If you don't have every qualification for the job, don't apply. Learn how to improve through the Upwork and community resources. If you are hiding your profile from clients, how do you expect to receive invitations?

Mistakenly my upwork profile set to private yesterday 

otherwise wise thanks for your suggestion.

You need to use the Academy and other resources to create a good profile. Is Butt Creatives the name of your Agency? Where does the name come from? Are you aware of the English meaning? So, you work as an individual and through the agency? Your profile is for a freelancer, not an agency.

The writing needs to be rewritten, and use a spell and grammar program or a native or bilingual English speaker, because there are many mistakes, and it doesn't read well. The first line is all the client sees in a search, so don't waste it. Use it to tell the client why your skills are better than the rest, if you have the hard skills to back it up. Develop some material for the introduction. Use the space to highlight your skills and what you can do for the client.

The KEY is having in-demand clients Skills.

68f9b305
Community Member

I have been freelancing seasonally since the 1st launch of 'E-lance'... in 2010 !!! 

Following are some quick tips; 

- Filter your search category. 
- Start with a low price, high commitment. 
- Make the 1st expression, deliver maximum. 

These are just some quick tips to get you started with. Feel free to reach out... 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01d1bd8aafc1cda9f4?s=1110580749684690944 

thanks,

Ijaz Ali
4b2ce0f2
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I am new to Freelancing, I decided to give it a try and earn money. If any of you can give me some tips on how to get noticed and apply to my first jobs, I would highly appreciate your time.

Regards,

Alejandra

af4e38ea
Community Member

Am a new member, civil engineer in Proffesion . How can i get a new job? Please kindly help me.

I'd like to suggest you to invest time on learning Upwork strategies and trends in the community.

The more you invest, the more you earn (chances and jobs).

Thank you!

8b748b38
Community Member

Please i need a job urgently 

Hi Emmanuel,

Welcome to the Upwork Community! The Upwork Community is where you can ask and answer questions, search for topics, learn, network with members, and get updates about Upwork.
Let’s get you started with the basics here at Upwork. Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:
You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
The Community is also where members can share feedback on existing features and suggestions for new features. If you have ideas on how we can improve your experience on Upwork, the Community is a great place to share them!
We hope you find these online resources helpful in your Upwork journey.
~ Joanne
Upwork
ascban
Community Member

Hey  I am new here and have found a job would you like to help me out

fcd47632
Community Member

Am a prifessional accountant and new here. Kindly offer me any accounting job or refer a client.

I still do not know how to sell myself here despite being qualified and with over seventeen years work experience.

Looking forward to more interactions.

3d46942f
Community Member

Finding work

AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths