🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Today's BAD EXPERIENCE
Page options
mekailbd
Community Member

Today's BAD EXPERIENCE

Hello Upwork Community,
Hope Everyone is doing well. Today I noticed one thing.  I see a job post where the client needs lead generation help. I just applied. After a few minutes, I noticed the Job was closed! So far as so good. After that Just take a  look-

The client invites 1 & hired 1. 
Screenshot- (1)1.JPG

After that Just take a look-

2.JPG

He is hiring the same person every time.
It's also acceptable. The client should be posting this job privately. 
But Every time we lost ours connects. Connects are not free. It's painful for every freelancer. That's why I share this story. 
Have a Good day Upwork Community

Mekail R
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I ALWAYS check the client's hiring history. If they hired another German translator recently, who still has an active profile and who they gave a good feedback, I don't apply. 

It is simply human nature to go with the familiar. Why do they still post a job? They might hope for an even better freelancer, but in the end will very likely hire the same person. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
lysis10
Community Member

I probably wouldn't apply if I saw that they always hire the same person. They probably don't know that you can post a private job.

mekailbd
Community Member

Upwork should take care of like this situation. Because freelancer pays for it!
What do you think?

Mekail R
MichaelJ
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mekail,

Thank you for your feedback. I agree with the other freelancers' suggestions for researching before submitting a proposal, but I have noted your suggestion.

Cheers,
Mike
robin_hyman
Community Member

You have to be better at researching the job before pulling the trigger and applying. It's YOUR connects!

Today's GOOD EXPERIENCE:

I learned something about Upwork that will allow me to avoid wasting connects in the future in a specific type of situation.

Hi Preston,
I am glad about your reply. Someone has benefited from it.
Stay tuned. Thanks

Mekail R

Thanks for your suggestion.  I try to learn all the time.  One day I will become experienced! 
Always be on the side with advice.

Mekail R
martina_plaschka
Community Member

I ALWAYS check the client's hiring history. If they hired another German translator recently, who still has an active profile and who they gave a good feedback, I don't apply. 

It is simply human nature to go with the familiar. Why do they still post a job? They might hope for an even better freelancer, but in the end will very likely hire the same person. 

ukulsums
Community Member

Thanks for share this. it will help a lot.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths