🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » UNRESPONSIVE CLIENT
Page options
e1e65894
Community Member

UNRESPONSIVE CLIENT

2 days ago I submitted a proposal and the client sent me an offer for an hourly contract. (My first job on Upwork) 

It's been 2 days since I accepted the offer and dropped the client a massage to intimate me of the details for his product so that we can get started but the client hasn't responded to my message. 

I've also seen that he has hired 3 other freelancers for the job and still interviewing 1.

What is the right thing to do in a situation like this? 

Or am I being unecessarily bothered? 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

4 REPLIES 4
80560af3
Community Member

Maybe the client has got a better offer in terms of financial and technical aspects, or the client is taking time to hire you based on his work/client's demand. Be positive, at least you have got 10 free connects from Upwork for your next job and you have now enough confidence to write a proposal. Check the client's job in progress section, check the profile of the hired freelancer profile in the job you submitted, find out the differences between your and their profiles, and prepare yourself accordingly for the next job. Good Luck..

sullivanliz
Community Member

Give your client time. It's weekend - a lot of clients don't work over the weekend. You might well hear from them in the next few days. Also, some jobs take a while to get started. Don't hassle the client and don't worry about the other freelancers they hired - the description says 'contractors' so they clearly wanted to hire a few people. If you don't hear from the client after a week, maybe drop them one message asking if they're looking to continue with you. 

I am available in weekends as per the client requirements.

Thank you so much for your help.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths