🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unable to get off of my clients account to op...
Page options
0d1c115d
Community Member

Unable to get off of my clients account to open my own.

My client recently invited me to upwork as his colleague so I can review the proposals he is receiving. I am also trying to open my own account on upwork as a freelancer but Upwork wont allow it because I'm on my clients account. How do I get off my clients account? Nothing is working and the Bot is useless. What I would give to talk to a real person. Suggestions welcome. Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dena, 

You should be able to create a freelancer account in your client account by following the steps noted in this help article. If you need further help, you can come back here, and I'll be happy to assist you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
0d1c115d
Community Member

Thanks for your response. It won’t let me create an account because it says my email is already in use. Which it is. So then I sign in with my email and I get thrown into my clients account. My question is how do I get out of my clients account???
Thank you.
Dena
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dena, 

You don't have a freelancer account yet, and you will need to set it up first. When you're logged in to your account, please click on the button below. You should be able to access your Settings page from there. (When you have your freelancer account, and your client account, click on the same button to switch between the two accounts. )

Screen Shot 2019-10-03 at 12.10.51 PM.png

On your Settings page, click on the My Info page, and scroll at the bottom of the page to create a new account. You should be able to create your freelancer account from there. 

Let me know if you have other questions!

~ Avery
Upwork
0d1c115d
Community Member

Avory thank you so much! That worked! : )

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths