🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Unresponsive clients
Page options
p-hill
Community Member

Unresponsive clients

Hi! A client reached out to me for a project. I responded back to them with my contact info but I still haven’t heard from them. I’ve followed up several times with still No response. Can I report this client? If so how? As it is completely unprofessional
2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Porscha H wrote:
Hi! A client reached out to me for a project. I responded back to them with my contact info but I still haven’t heard from them. I’ve followed up several times with still No response. Can I report this client? If so how? As it is completely unprofessional

There is nothing to report.

The vast majority of clients only continue discussing details with the chosen freelancer(s) and while it feels a bit odd to start with, you get used to it.

If a client reaches out to you, respond and immediately forget all about it unless you hear back.

MUCH better for your sanity.

Also, as a new US based freelancer with no history it is very likely, if not actually virtually certain, that it was a scam-attempt anyway

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "A client reached out to me for a project. I responded back to them with my contact info but I still haven’t heard from them. I’ve followed up several times with still No response."

Don't do that.

The client is not interested in working with you.

If the client IS interested in working with you, she knows how to find you here on Upwork.

Don't pester clients.

Don't waste your time like this.

re: "Can I report this client?"

No.

The client has not broken any rules.

There is nothing to report.

re: "As it is completely unprofessional"

Maybe. Maybe not.

Don't worry about this. It happens.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths