🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Upwork doing a quality review of all accounts...
Page options
rroman1093
Community Member

Upwork doing a quality review of all accounts?

Hi All! 

Recently I got a email from Upwork stating, "

As part of Upwork's continuing commitment to keeping our Marketplace safe for both clients and freelancers, we are implementing a quality review of all accounts.

In line with this, we would like to request that you verify your account by completing our ID verification process. ".

Am one of the few who got this email? I already submitted my ID/residence verification and completed a Skype video call 6 months ago. I am wondering why I need to do it again and if it is just my account or if others are having the same issue. 

1 REPLY 1
prestonhunter
Community Member

I do not think Upwork ever does something like this with all users simultaneously, because the result would overwhelm their available resources.

So to answer your question: yes, other people receive this request. But not all of us at the same time.

Furthermore, it is reasonable to assume that Upwork may take a more active interest in confirming or re-confirming the accounts of freelancers it has questions or concerns about.

You may choose to comply with the request and confirm your identity again. Or you may choose to not do so.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths