🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » WHY AM I NOT GETTING JOBS??????
Page options
2b657864
Community Member

WHY AM I NOT GETTING JOBS??????

Someone look at my profile and tell me why I am not getting jobs after sending numerous proposals

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shikhaojha18
Community Member

Hi Eddie,

I understand it can get frustrating in the beginning when we apply to plenty of jobs and don't get hired. I've gone through your profile and have a few observations and suggestions:

Observation - You seem pretty new to UpWork, your profile doesn't have any past jobs or feedback. The profile also seems incomplete at the moment.

Suggestions -

1. At the moment your profile overview seems very brief. Since you don't have job/feedback history, you should use this space more efficiently, highlightinng your experience and expertise. Mentioning stats or success stories might help.

A quick tip would be to go through profiles of successful freelancers in your field and take inspiration from their profiles. Please don't copy their content, just take inspiration on how you can showcase your experience better.

2. Video Introduction - You may add a video introduction, it helps clients understand a person's personality and approach towards the job. 

3. Get verified from Upwork - You can get ID and Language verifications from Upwork, getting those ticks help clients know that you've been verified by Upwork. It helps build trust.

4. Add testimonials from your past jobs (Off UpWork) - Reach out to people you've worked with before and ask if they can write a testimonial for you which you may use on Upwork. Since you don't have job history here, having testimonials from previous jobs may add to your credibility.

Having said all of this, it may take some time to land your first job. However, whenever you get one, just focus on doing it well and providing great service to your clients. Request them to leave feedback, good client feedback goes a long way in getting subsequent jobs.

Hope this helps. I wish you all the best on your Upwork journey!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

1. Not enough portfolio items.

2. Lack of a convincing overview. 

2b657864
Community Member

Can you please help me create convincing overviews?

The upwork learning paths are excellent for this. I suggest you take them and then re-write your profile. 

shikhaojha18
Community Member

Hi Eddie,

I understand it can get frustrating in the beginning when we apply to plenty of jobs and don't get hired. I've gone through your profile and have a few observations and suggestions:

Observation - You seem pretty new to UpWork, your profile doesn't have any past jobs or feedback. The profile also seems incomplete at the moment.

Suggestions -

1. At the moment your profile overview seems very brief. Since you don't have job/feedback history, you should use this space more efficiently, highlightinng your experience and expertise. Mentioning stats or success stories might help.

A quick tip would be to go through profiles of successful freelancers in your field and take inspiration from their profiles. Please don't copy their content, just take inspiration on how you can showcase your experience better.

2. Video Introduction - You may add a video introduction, it helps clients understand a person's personality and approach towards the job. 

3. Get verified from Upwork - You can get ID and Language verifications from Upwork, getting those ticks help clients know that you've been verified by Upwork. It helps build trust.

4. Add testimonials from your past jobs (Off UpWork) - Reach out to people you've worked with before and ask if they can write a testimonial for you which you may use on Upwork. Since you don't have job history here, having testimonials from previous jobs may add to your credibility.

Having said all of this, it may take some time to land your first job. However, whenever you get one, just focus on doing it well and providing great service to your clients. Request them to leave feedback, good client feedback goes a long way in getting subsequent jobs.

Hope this helps. I wish you all the best on your Upwork journey!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths