🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » What means Applied?
Page options
5505f923
Community Member

What means Applied?

I applied for jobs and now above one it says Applied. Not above the others. Does that mean I was "hired" for that job?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Member

It's just telling you that you already applied for the job, so that you don't waste connects applying again. You are not hired for any job, until you have been interviewed by a client, agreed on the work and budget and received a formal contract from Upwork via your email. 

You really should learn more about the site and how it works before bidding on jobs. I suggest you start by looking at all the help pages such as "Working on Upwork 101" and "New To Upwork 101" - but there are many more.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
colettelewis
Community Member

It's just telling you that you already applied for the job, so that you don't waste connects applying again. You are not hired for any job, until you have been interviewed by a client, agreed on the work and budget and received a formal contract from Upwork via your email. 

You really should learn more about the site and how it works before bidding on jobs. I suggest you start by looking at all the help pages such as "Working on Upwork 101" and "New To Upwork 101" - but there are many more.  

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths