cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I find the client name?

Brian P Member Since: Feb 20, 2019
1 of 8

Hello,

I'm new to upwork looking through jobs. I'm trying to submit my first job proposal but I don't see the client name anywhere in the posting. Do I have to click somewhere to see it?

Community Guru
Michael S Member Since: Aug 29, 2017
2 of 8

Client names are never shown before submitting a proposal.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
3 of 8

Brian P wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to upwork looking through jobs. I'm trying to submit my first job proposal but I don't see the client name anywhere in the posting. Do I have to click somewhere to see it?

No, it's not possible to see the client's name. 

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
4 of 8
You can find the client's name from his/her's past history (feedbacks/reviews) if there’s any, sometimes the past reviews contains client’s name.
Brian P Member Since: Feb 20, 2019
5 of 8

Wouldn't it make sense to include that in the job posting with the client information?

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 8

Brian P wrote:

Wouldn't it make sense to include that in the job posting with the client information?

It would, if there weren't thousands of unprofessional freelancers who use that knowledge to track down and hound clients outside of Upwork - Linkedin, their websites, FB, etc. etc.  All that does is make for angry clients.

ETA: And to state the obvious, you don't need their names to submit a bid. Even clients whose names can be found because they've included clues or their website - they don't need to be addressed by that name either. Many companies have someone who posts the job, but that's not necessarily whom you'll communicate with if they contact you.

Orwille M Member Since: Jun 29, 2019
7 of 8

Very well said Virginia.

I guess this has something to do with addressing the client on the cover letter, I suppose.

Community Leader
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
8 of 8

There is 50% possibility that you might find client's name in their clien'ts history. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS