🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Which are the best freelancing jobs for non-t...
Page options
nahidrajbd
Community Member

Which are the best freelancing jobs for non-techies?

Everytime I finish an workshop session I got some interrested faces who have no special skill on computer. They know the basics and they can operate basic websites. I advise them to get some skill before earning. But I was wondering if there are any freelancer jobs you know on upwork or experienced from your past contract that do not require any special skill rather than interrest and time. I would love to hear some answer from experienced freelancers.
6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Nahid H wrote:
1) Everytime I finish an workshop session I got some interrested faces who have no special skill on computer. They know the basics and they can operate basic websites. I advise them to get some skill before earning. 2) But I was wondering if there are any freelancer jobs you know on upwork or experienced from your past contract that do not require any special skill rather than interrest and time. I would love to hear some answer from experienced freelancers.

1) What do you mean "workshop-sessions?"

2) There are data entry and similar low level jobs. But those categories are overcrowded with literally hundreds of thousands of freelancers, the majority of whom never earn any money at all.

Upwork does not need more lower level freelancers and encouraging unskilled people to try and create a profile is doing them no favours

I really think that freelancing is for experienced people with excellent skills and history.  It is definitely not a "first job" nor is it a way to gain skills.  Bricks and mortar background are, to me, key to becoming successful as a freelancer.  Also, as a freelancer you are essentially a business owner and skills learned in the "real world" are critical to being successful.

Are you running workshops for people interested in joining Upwork? Is that what you mean by "workshop session[s]"?

If that is the case, do I correctly understand that you are actively encouraging persons with no assets other than "interest and time" to believe that they can be successful on this platform? If so, are you charging these persons money for this insane misguided advice?

Ohh my god. No, never. I can't even think of that.

I am more of a volunteer than freelancer. I am volunteering for wikipedia and as a member of wikimedia  organization I get involved on workshop around my city. Some of them know me for my freelancing career and they came to ask me about it.

FYI, I just earn from my freelancer contaract online. I do not take any penny for any service outside of freelance jobs.

BTW, is that a crime on the basis of upwork terms & conditions?

@ Nahid --  Good to know that you aren't charging for your advice. Nevertheless, the stubborn fact remains that there is no market on Upwork for unskilled labor -- no matter how enthusiastic the labor force is, and no matter how much time the labor force is willing to devote. Upwork is a platform that connects skilled freelancers with clients who require those specific skills.

Thanks for your advise.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths