🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why can't clients see my proposal?
Page options
javokhir_boxod43
Community Member

Why can't clients see my proposal?

Hello.

I am very happy to send my worries to the community center.

I submitted all my proposals to the clients.

But no body didn't answer and give me an opportunity to have an interview.

So I worry that there is an issue in my account.

Today I sent my last proposal to the job.

I want to know if my proposal was included in the client's list.

Job title is  "T**Edited for Community Guidelines**".

The client is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Also I want to know the order in the list if existing.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best Wishes

Thank you.

Makhmudov.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamashita
Community Member

Hi Makhmudov, maybe you are applying to jobs where you do not meet all the preffered qualifications of the clients' (e.g. - 1,000 hours worked, freelancers with rising talent status, etc.), just check it because this might be the reason. If you do not meet all the preffered qualifications your proposals may not show to the client in their primary proposals box. Upwork shows in first place the proposals which meet all preferences of the clients, and under this one there is another box which says that those proposals do not meet all of their preffered qualifications. So client might not even open and read them!

As an advice - try to apply to newly posted jobs, which have a few proposals yet, chances will be higher of getting interviewed in your case!

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58

Hi Bojana,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  I can assure you that all proposals are delivered to and can be viewed by clients.  Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for. Check out this video with tips on creating proposals that win jobs.

~ Nikola
Upwork
boyana88
Community Member

Hi Nikola,

thank you so much for answering me.

I have already learned a lot about writing a good cover letter and all the tricks for winning new jobs, that's why I have a good history and I am top-rated. 

But now in these last two months, everything stops like I am not visible anymore, that's why I asked if everything is okay with my profile. 

Clients stop responding to my proposals. Before, I was usually interviewed for at least, now nothing. I got at least 10 interviews a month, and for last month (May) only 4 interviews, for 28 sent proposals. Looking at my views on portfolio examples on Behance I can see that clients didn't even take a look at my proposal.

Hi Nikola, I've been experiencing the same problem. None of my proposals have been viewed by the client. I've taken the academy courses on the proposal and setting up profile but I'm it's still the same.

Hey Goran!!!

I have submitted around 70 proposals till now but unfortunately i get very less response. I try to apply per the requirements and make the proposal accurate and precise. Are actually my proposals seen by the clients?

Hello am Gerald, my question is I tried a lot to apply for a job, but its seem no my proposal has not bet reviewed by client

Gerald K wrote:
Hello am Gerald, my question is I tried a lot to apply for a job, but its seem no my proposal has not bet reviewed by client

There is no way to know that. 

And please can you guide me how to prepare approved project!

Gerald K wrote:
And please can you guide me how to prepare approved project!

What do you mean?

Out of 13 proposal, I am unable to get any client view, I have tried all strategies and applied for 100% relavent jobs to my profile

ayodamolaowola95
Community Member

Hello, I've been on upwork for a while now and I'm yet to get a client to view my proposals. I send my proposals to new jobs. What am I doing wrong? And could you pls check if my profile is alright? Thank you. 

Hi Owolabi,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your account and can confirm that there are no issues that can potentially affect your proposals not being seen by clients. However, in the last five months, I saw that you've only sent two proposals. I would highly suggest for you to send more proposals in order to increase your chances of getting a response from a client.

You can also create Project Catalogs based on the skills and services you offer. This is a new method for our freelancers to have clients come to them, giving freelancers the opportunity to create ‘projects’ that are pre-scoped with price, deliverables, and timeline. Clients can then search for these projects via a series of category pages (specific skills) and purchase them in just a few clicks.

You may also want to consider upskilling and learning new skills to increase your marketability. Competition is getting tough not only in Upwork but also on other platforms, especially since most people nowadays opt to work remotely. One possible reason might be also the fewer demands for jobs that fall under your selected skill set. You can also revisit the skills you have selected in your profile, only if applicable.

We also highly encourage you to continue to work to become a Top-Rated or Top Rated Plus Freelancer once you get enough recent work history. Having these badges in your profile will increase your invite and hire rate.

Here are some helpful articles that you may find useful:
•  9 Tips to Help You Create a Freelancer Profile That Stands Out | Upwork
• 15 Ways to Grow Your Freelance Business

I hope this helps.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie, 

I send proposals regularily. I sent about 24 in the past few weeks. I see there is "my stats" section where you can check how many times someone seen your profile. I realize that there is an option to see how many times your proposal has been viewed by client, and I learned that out of 24 proposals, only 5 were seen by clients, Why?

The first two lines didn't entice the client to open it. 

6e1731e5
Community Member

Hello,

I am also having the same problem, I have sent several proposals but when I checked my STATS I noticed that clients were not even looking at my proposals. What could I be doing wrong? I need to get my proposals viewed by clients.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked your stats and saw that you've had 8 interviews in the past 30 days. I would also like to confirm that there are no issues that can potentially affect your proposals not being seen by clients. Please note that we are not privy to why clients do not view proposals.

I've pulled a few resources that may be helpful to you. Check out these articles to help you create a profile that stands out and improve your profile title and overview. For some great tips on writing proposals that win jobs, check out this article.

Visit our Resource Center and sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Annie,

Many thanks for your prompt response, I will endeavor to go through the links you sent. Eight interviews with over a hundred submitted proposals are too poor.

Once more many thanks.

regards

Anthony

rahul-jayantilal
Community Member

Hello, Annie Jane B

I've been on Upwork for quite a while now with 10 jobs completed and $40k earned. Recently, I've applied for around 32 jobs and only 5 jobs have been viewed by the client. 

I understand how Upwork works, but I wanted to check if my account is working fine and if there is anything going wrong. Thank you!

Hi Ruhul,

Thank you for your message. I checked for your account and I can confirm that there is no ongoing issue with your account. I see that you have 3 proposal views for the last 7 days. You can refer to the My Stats page for more information. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
popovaelena1
Community Member

Hello!

I will really need a help. I'm actively sending proposals on the job open positions, with my skills that are appoproate to the job requirements, but the poposals are not seen, although I'm catching the fastest time after they are published and the are bidded. 

Thanks in advance,

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths