🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Why is my payment in awaiting Milestone
Page options
ashleybmar
Community Member

Why is my payment in awaiting Milestone

Hi there friends,

I've been registered with upwork for quite some time but haven't been active at all.

I have just started putting myself out there and recently completed my first task,

My question that I am confused about and hoping someone could assist.

My payment is in Awaiting Milestone for since 22/03. Is this because the client hasn't paid yet? Or does Upwork still need to release the payment that client already made?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

ashleybmar_1-1648446293742.png

Kind regards,

Ashley

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you, I just needed that peace of mind to hear from others who has already completed tasks and are familiar with the payment procedures.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You are reading this wrong, the payment IS NOT in awaiting milestones.

You will be paid automatically. Nothing you need to do. 

Thank you, I just needed that peace of mind to hear from others who has already completed tasks and are familiar with the payment procedures.

You really only need to go through the reports and click on the question marks to find out how it works. 

rclabbao
Community Member

There's $0.00 in escrow for the new milestone (based on the screenshot). Meaning to say that the client hasn't put up the fund in Upwork yet for the milestone.

You may check your Transaction History as well since it shows there when your payment will be available.

You can check this support article too for further information:
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211063718-Get-Paid-for-Fixed-Price-Contracts

Thank you, Ralph Cedric L...

As a newbie to earning on Upwork, this is the confusing bit for me...

Escrow shows $0.00...but below in this screenshot it says paid...

ashleybmar_0-1648449031557.png

But then I went into my transaction history as you have suggested and I saw that it is indeed pending...Does this mean it will be paid on Mar 30, 2022 by the client into Escrow?

ashleybmar_1-1648449262092.png

Thanks so much...

martina_plaschka
Community Member

No! It WAS in escrow until you requested payment. 

The contract is still open, so the client can create ANOTHER MILESTONE if necessary. 

If the client doesn't need anything, ask him to end the contract. 

All of this is easily accessible by simply clicking the question marks!

What Ralph Cedric L said does not address your question because he misunderstood your question! 

Please read this:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#M2460

Thank you again! I am finding this answer extremely helpful. 

The client has mentioned that he will use my service for the same project of his on an ongoing basis and will notify me. So I guess he will do so by creating a new milestone as he needs my service?

yes

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths