🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Will my account get deactivated?
Page options
83bb9e06
Community Member

Will my account get deactivated?

I've created an account 15 days ago and prepared to apply for job. if i spent 50 free connects in upcoming days and not get hired. then if i stop using my upwork account for 2 3 months, will i be able to reuse my account without any restriction? 

(what is the policy of deactivated account?) 

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Krushali,

Your account will not be deactivated but your profile visibility may be set to private due to inactivity. Check out this help page for more information. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
cf05215b
Community Member

Upwork's policies and account status may change over time, so it's a good idea to review their official terms and policies for the most up-to-date information. As of my last knowledge update in January 2022, I can provide some general information:

If you have an Upwork account and you decide to stop using it for an extended period, Upwork typically allows you to reactivate your account without significant restrictions when you return. Your account will go into a "dormant" or "inactive" status if you don't use it for an extended period, but it can be reactivated. Here are some general guidelines:

1. **Account Dormancy:** If you haven't used your account for an extended period, Upwork might consider it dormant or inactive. The exact period of inactivity may vary, but typically it's more than 30 days.

2. **Reactivation:** To reactivate your account, you can simply log in with your existing credentials. You might be asked to update your profile, and you'll need to verify your email address.

3. **Connects:** If you previously used free Connects and they have expired during your inactivity, you'll typically receive a new allocation of free Connects when you reactivate your account. The number of Connects you receive may depend on your membership plan.

4. **Your Reputation:** While you can reactivate your account, please note that the reputation you've built on Upwork, including any feedback from previous clients, will remain on your profile. It's important to maintain a positive reputation on the platform.

Upwork's policies can change, so I recommend reviewing their official terms of service or contacting their customer support for the most current information regarding account inactivity and reactivation.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths