🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Workmate can’t get his profile accepted
Page options
sairjosue
Community Member

Workmate can’t get his profile accepted

Hello,

My workmate is new on Upwork and he is having a very disappointing experience trying to get his profile accepted. He has edited it multiple times and he can't find out what's wrong with it.

What’s more he has tried to contact with the support and he is being completely ignored. For that reason, I’m creating this thread to help him.

There a lot of jobs related with his area of expertise without proposals he could complete.

This is his profile:

**Edited for community guidelines**

Could someone help us, please?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sair Josue,

I`m sorry to hear that your friend registration was not accepted. Unfortunately, we won't be able to comment on your friend's profile status with you, for privacy reasons, which we hope you understand. Generally, only a small percentage of freelancers have their registration accepted upon resubmission. We accept new freelancers based on the demand in the marketplace, which varies over months (not days). Having a complete profile helps us determine if there is a sufficient demand for your skills and experience, but does not guarantee admittance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
sairjosue
Community Member

I understand that, but it would be useful if someone contacted with him explaining what can he does to get his profile approved.

At the moment, he is being ignored. He keeps receiving a message which says that there are no opportunities for his area of expertise, and that is not true at all.

@Sair Josue D wrote:
I understand that, but it would be useful if someone contacted with him explaining what can he does to get his profile approved.

At the moment, he is being ignored. He keeps receiving a message which says that there are no opportunities for his area of expertise, and that is not true at all.

Maybe your friend should take the hint that he hasn't been accepted. Very rarely do refused freelancers get accepted at second / third / subsequent attempts.

It's all very well to say that there are plenty of opportunities in his category, but there obviously are already more than enough freelancers to meet that demand, and no more are needed.

Your friend should find a different platform and maybe try again in two or three years in the unlikely case that the situation has changed

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths