🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » client didn't pay and disappeared.I have no c...
Page options
a18f4d88
Community Member

client didn't pay and disappeared.I have no contrac

Some person reached out and offered me a short gig for 10$. I completed it and have conformation for it in our correspondence. She didn't pay and disappeared. I can't file dispute or milestone since we don't have a contract. I have all the correspondence and I want to reach a human support fot help but other than the chatbot I find nothing. How can I reach out for help in this case. If not the money, at least report a scam.

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Shiri,

Thanks for reaching out! We always encourage freelancers to only start working on a project once they have an active contract. The client will send you an offer and you will need to review the contract terms before accepting them. By accepting the offer you will have an active contract.

I can see that you recently joined Upwork. The Upwork Community is where you can ask and answer questions, search for topics, learn, network with members, and get updates about Upwork. Below are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you get started:
You can also sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.

It would also be best to visit these articles for more information on how you can keep in line with Upwork's Terms of Service when engaging on the website:
You may also want to read up on this Community article and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork.
~ Joanne
Upwork
a18f4d88
Community Member

Thanks.

So I won't be getting my money? You can't help me besides sending me articles? what kind of support is that? . I have all the correspondence in the messages. Can't you help me with reaching that person? Her name is

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shiri

Thank you for following up. To help protect your payments, we offer several levels of protection. However, you must meet all requirements to be eligible. You may want to check this help article for more information. 

As Joanne already shared, please keep in mind that you shouldn't provide any work until your client sends you an offer and a contract is created under your My Jobs tab. Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service

Also, please note that sharing contact information before a contract has started is against Upwork's Terms of Service and that all communications prior to the contract starting must take place on Upwork.

I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a18f4d88
Community Member

I understand now that this platform doesn't really care about the simgle freelancer. I'm telling you that **Edited for Community Guidelines**  is a scamer, and all you can think of is not mentioning her name?? all our correspondence is in the upwork platform. Every thing she offerd and even the screeshots of my completed task. Terrible attitude and service. I'm cancelling my account right now as I only lost time and money .

wrote:

I understand now that this platform doesn't really care about the simgle freelancer. I'm telling you that **Edited for Community Guidelines**  is a scamer, and all you can think of is not mentioning her name?? all our correspondence is in the upwork platform. Every thing she offerd and even the screeshots of my completed task. Terrible attitude and service. I'm cancelling my account right now as I only lost time and money .

You don't seem to understand that scammers sign up here with fake names, burner email addresses and fake locations. It doesn't matter what you and your client said in the messages or what proof your provide - nobody is saying that you didn't do the work. But if you don't have a contract, that means that Upwork has no information about this client either, and no way of getting your money. All you can do is read the information (that you should have read in the first place) and avoid making mistakes in the future.

bobafett999
Community Member

Siri...don't blame Upwork.  You don't have official contract.  It is YOUR fault that you worked without a contract. 

We're you trying to cheat Upwork out of their commission?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths