🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » entering skills on profile
Page options
ilagan-rowena
Community Member

entering skills on profile

Hello all, I am trying to fill out a new profile on Upwork. When I try to enter on the "skills" tab it does not give me any options of skills to list. All it says is that a skill is not recognized. Is there any way around this? I am just using the web version, not the app. Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rowena, 

I wanted to check what skills you were trying to type-in in the box so that I can try to replicate. Let me know!

~ Avery
Upwork

I am trying to do the same thing and nothing I enter is valid.  It's quite frustrating.

I am using Google Chrome, which works for everything else.
I have entered:  Lifestyle, Portrait, Creative, Professional, Interpersonal, Outgoing, fun and none fo these work.  Not if I remove any, or just enter one of these.  I have to include a description and dictionary link to the definition!  I have spent well over 25 min attmepting every which way to try to do this.

I cannot move forward without entering this section and if I can't figure it out, I will just delete my profile. Please advise.  This really shouldn't be that difficult.  

Thanks in advance.

Hi Debra,

Thanks for reaching out to us. When entering skill tags to your profile, please try using keywords that describe your professional skills rather than your personality. For example, if you do graphic design, you can select which tools or software you use. Also, before you add skills, please make sure you select an answer to this question "What is the main service you offer to clients?". 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Dear Aleksandar,

I am trying to create my profile but it won´t let me enter the main service for my clients ( there is no box to type anything in). Could you please help me with that?

Thanks in advance,

Melisa Yildirim

Hi Melisa,

Please go step by step with your application. First, you will need to choose the main services you will offer from the drop down menu.
After this, you can start typing your skills under the "What skills do you offer clients?" bar and add your skills. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I am facing the same problem

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohd Zumairi, 

I check this for you and it looks like you were able to successfully complete this section of your application. 

Please complete your application form and submit it for the review by clicking the Review Application at the bottom of the page. Our team will reach out to you with the results within 24 hours.

Let us know if you need any assistance going forward, we're here to help.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
3daf1b91
Community Member

I'm also in problem with filling the skills and it still appears as “at least one skill is required" in red line even though I certainly have added my skills in your given boxes

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths