🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » need advice pleaseee - Move to other app
Page options
d6dbd01e
Community Member

need advice pleaseee - Move to other app

Hello everyone. 

I am new to Upwork and I need an advice.

So I got my first job. Yesterday I submitted a proposal, and my proposal got accepted.

However, when I tried to reply their message here, it seems like the job has been removed. Then I checked my email notification regarding this, I got a message saying that I should directly contact the project supervisor through Telegram.

The status of my proposal is still in the active proposal section but it says that the job is no longer there.

Is there any advice on that? If I send a message via Telegram and communicate there, then how will my work be measured?

Because I don't know the process.

Thanks before!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
elisa_b
Community Member

The job was removed because it was a scam. This is confirmed by the contact request through Telegram, which is commonly used by scammers.

DO NOT use Telegram or any other channels to talk with clients BEFORE a contract is in place. 

How to protect yourself from scammers: Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
elisa_b
Community Member

The job was removed because it was a scam. This is confirmed by the contact request through Telegram, which is commonly used by scammers.

DO NOT use Telegram or any other channels to talk with clients BEFORE a contract is in place. 

How to protect yourself from scammers: Top Red Flags for Scams: From Community Membe... - Upwork Community

d6dbd01e
Community Member

I was confused because they have good ratings on their profile and verified payment, though from what I've read in the Red Flag article, verified payment does not guarantee that it's not a scam.

Many many thanks for the help, and have a wonderful week! 😊

luqman_mak
Community Member

You are asking the right questions. 
As Elisa said, keep away - those are clear scammers

Hi Luqman, 

They seem legitimate so I was confused🤐

I'll be careful next time.

Thanks for your reply, have a wonderful week 🙂

ec718c13
Community Member

Hi Iko, Eliza, and Luqman,

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Thank you for this discusion.

I just had similiar case with Iko.

I am a newbie and submitted my proposal then got a message and I have to follow up to the project manager thru Telegram.

I checked my proposal and that project status is active.

What shud I do to solve this?

Thank y'all.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths