🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » newby payment questions re: UpWork
Page options
67bab666
Community Member

newby payment questions re: UpWork

Greetings!
My 1st gig was July 9. My second, last week.

I didn't create a payment method until last Friday. So, I see where my 2nd gig was deposited but it doesn't look like my 1st one was. My transaction history list the payment of the 1st gig, and the 2nd gig. Only the 2nd gig has an ACH note with it. But I can't for the life of me figure out where to go to get my 1st payment deposited. 

When I click the contract itself it says Paid, but I think that refers to my client paying the agreed fixed price. I have an invoice for UW's cut. 

Who or how do I contact somebody about this?

Another horrifying question occurred to me. Do we pay taxes on the fee UW keeps?

Thanks if advance. 
Clare

9 REPLIES 9
67bab666
Community Member

Also I'm seeing where my 3rd gig is pending because, I assume, the wait period is not over. But the 1st gig is not grayed out and pending.

Hi Clare,

I have checked your account and I can that the client split the payment for the milestone into two. You can see the first $30 transaction was processed last 24-July as completion of the milestone and the second one was sent as a bonus for another $30 dated 29-July. 

The most recent payment is still on pending status which means it's undergoing a security period. Funds will be available for withdrawal on the date stated on the left-hand side of your Transaction History page. 

While we can't provide specific tax advice and would recommend consulting with a tax advisor instead, feel free to check out this section of the help center and these articles specifically:

U.S. Sales Tax for Freelancers – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

Report Income from Upwork – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help

~ Arjay
Upwork
67bab666
Community Member

Thanks for your response but that's not the payment I'm missing. 
I never got a deposit in my bank for the 1st $50 dollar job, which should have paid me $40. 

I got a deposit from Christian's 1st job. And I see his 2nd job is pending. It is Sara's job from July 9 that I have not recieved any funds. 

CK

Hi Clare,

Could you please check your Reports > Transaction History? I believe I see the payment you're referring to at the bottom. If you don't see it on your Available funds, it's because you've withdrawn funds since then, you can also see the withdrawal in the Transaction History.

~Andrea
Upwork
67bab666
Community Member

I don't see where Ms. Disney's funds have been transfered to me. 

And I don't see where it has come to my bank account. 

See this screen shot in which Holloway's payments are declared paid but not Disney's.

Somewhere I found a report that stated what came to an ACH. I can't find that now but when I saw it that is when I realized Disney's payment was not sent to me. 

As I said I only opened this bank account on July 22 and added it to UpWork then. 

I took a screen shot of it as well just now. You will see 1 deposit from UpWork for Christian's first contract with me. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

See this screen shot. It is all Christian. 

I found what I was referring to above.

You'll see there is note of a ACH Transfer for Christian's 64 dollars but not for Sara's 40 dollars. Nor for Christian's more recent contract. But Sara's money was requested the 22nd I believe, when I added this account to UpWork

I just spoke with my bank to be sure that 40 is not stuck on my ATM or anything but it is not. 
The only money from UpWork in my account is the 64 from Christian's first gig.

Hi Clare,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths