🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » upwork profile requested
Page options
db881cca
Community Member

upwork profile requested

Hello everyone,

as I am new to upwork I would like to ask something. I received a job proposal. While answering to it, it requests the upwork profile. Do I just copy and paste the link of my profile? It is a transcription's job proposal.

Thank you in advance for your help. Regards, Christina

5 REPLIES 5
759e32fa

Hi Christina,

Thank you for reaching out. When you submit proposals, the clients see your profile aside from your cover letter. Are you referring to a job proposal within Upwork?

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi

Thank you for your email.
I am a new freelancer and I have not received any job tasks to manage.
Kindly review my profile and let me know if there is anything I can do to
improve it.

Regards

Christine

db881cca
Community Member

Hello!Thanks for replying, yes it is within Upwork. It is an invitation for an interview, to be exact. There is a link to accept the invitation and fill an application form, where it says in a box "upwork profile"...

That sounds like a scam - clients who wish to hire via Upwork won't give you a link to apply elsewhere and fill out an application - your proposal IS your application. 99 percent certain that they're going to ask you for money.

If this was a data entry job, be aware that those types of jobs are poorly paid and have a huge amount of competition. Any job that sounds too good to be true (thousands of dollars for a few days' work) is a scam.

Thank you for your reply! I did not make a proposal, it was a job invitation. It seem weird though, so thank you for your time to explain.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths