🐈
» Forums » Support » invite a client to Upwork
Page options
Indrajitsinh R Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

267 REPLIES 267
Naveed A Community Member

Hello,

I am not top-rated on Upwork but I do have a client whom I want to bring on Upwork. 

What benefit will I get if I invite him on Upwork?

How can I invite him?

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Naveed,

Bring Your Own Client program is currently only available for Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. If you are not meeting those requirements, you can still send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract. You’ll be paying standard Service Fee. Upwork Payment Protection helps give security and peace of mind to clients and freelancers working together on both hourly and fixed-price projects.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Muhammad Ali J Community Member

then can such freelancers get feedback from clients? will it effect JSS?

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Muhammad,

In such cases, since the freelancer and the client will only be using Upwork for payments, any Direct Contracts will not impact the freelancer's Upwork reputation metrics (for example your Job Success Score or Top Rated status). These contracts also will not be included in their other Upwork profile stats, such as total earnings, number of jobs, etc.

~ AJ
Upwork
Haider A Community Member

how? I am a top-rated plus and I need to invite one of my customers to Upwork. 

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Haider,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Md Jwel M Community Member

How can I invite a client to Upwork? How can I generate the unique invitation link?

Petra R Community Member

Md Jwel M wrote:

How can I invite a client to Upwork? How can I generate the unique link?

Just send the client the link to your profile

Mahmoud S Community Member

Can I get a link to invite a client to UpWork?

Petra R Community Member

Mahmoud S wrote:

Can I get a link to invite a client to UpWork?

You can just send your client your profile url. The 0% deal is available only for top rated client and Rising Talent ones.

Anila L Community Member

hi, I'm new to Upwork. I have my client and I want her to bring on Upwork. I have some queries regarding. would be grateful if anyone considers answering.

1.what will be the process? should I invite her via my profile link?

2.if I use direct contract service will she still able to give feedback?

what will be the fee charged to me and my client?

thanks in advance.

Petra R Community Member

Anila L wrote:

1. what will be the process? should I invite her via my profile link?

2.if I use direct contract service will she still able to give feedback?

3. what will be the fee charged to me and my client?

thanks in advance.

1. You can invite her however you like.

2. No, there is no feedback for direct contracts.

3. You pay 20% on the first $500 you bill the client. It then drops to 10%. The client pays a 3% payment processing fee.

Anila L Community Member

Oh ok thanks for the info.
Mahmoud E Community Member

I spent about an hour searching for the way to invite the client and get 0% fees, and all of the Upwork customer service agents don't want to directly say the way to do this like if it's a secret or something!!!

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Mahmoud,

I can see that you already chatted with our team about your request. One of our agents will reach out to you directly with your unique link and more information about the program. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Mohammad O Community Member

Can I have the invitation link to invite my clients to Upwork? 

I have a rising talent badge, how much will be the charge for me and for my clients?

and what is the process to get order from them? can I send any offer to my clients so that they can accept and place order?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mohammad,

I'll go ahead and share your account information to the team so that they can get in touch with you with your personal link.

~ Nikola
Samuel M Community Member

Hi There,

I am currently trying to achieve the "Rising Talent" badge as I wish to bring a client onto the platform but the fee structure of 20%/10% is a deal breaker given that I currently contract directly with the client. Can I please have some clarification on what else is required to achieve the Rising Talent badge. I've gone through the article (Rising Talent – Upwork Customer Service & Support | Upwork Help) however some of the criteria is not specific or measurable so I am unsure how to meet it, such as:

- Adhere to Upwork terms of service: I would assume this is a penalty for breaking terms of service but do i need to do anything other than agreeing to the ToS when i set up my account?

- Regularly submit proposals: How many proposals? I have already submitted a few

- Complete projects on time and as promised to clients: Does this mean that I need to source a client on Upwork first before I can achieve "Rising Talent"?

I would greatly appreciate clarification here.

Kind Regards,

Samuel Macintyre

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Samuel, 

To start, all freelancers must abide by the Terms of Service. Any hold on your account because of a violation will not make you eligible for any program on Upwork.

As for becoming part of the Rising Talent program, the badge is assigned automatically when a freelancer meets the requirements listed
here. This process is working as designed, and we can't specify why a freelancer is or isn't eligible for receiving the Rising Talent badge. Many factors go into being part of the program. And once you qualify, you should receive an invitation to the program. We won't be able to share specifics to avoid users gaming the system, which we hope you understand. 

I recommend that you read up on the resources we have compiled here to help you succeed on Upwork. Take note that not all freelancers will become part of this program. Some skip it altogether and proceed to get a Job Success Score.

I hope this helps, good luck!

~ Avery
Randil R Community Member

Is Bring Your Own Client program still available for top-rated sellers? I am currently inviting my outside clients to the Upwork. But I am paying a 20% fee when they purchase my project. I would be able to become a top-rated seller within the next month. So, how can I invite them to purchase my project when I will be a top-rated seller.

Avery O Community Manager

Hi Randal, 

Once you're part of the program, our team can forward your account information to the team so that they can reach out to you with your personal link. You can come back here, and the moderator at the time of your posting will assist you. 

~ Avery
Mario A Community Member

Hello there,

Four days ago i open live chat with one of your representives. He gave me my link to send to client and i sent him as instructed. He gave me mail where to contact upwork about my contract ID. I did all of it. I guess i got auto reply on start they are reviewing process. Still no response from them. It seems they have no intention of reducing my fee. Therefore i will have to refund the money and tell client to go old way of doing things. I am really disapointed with the service. Please update your company policies. Thanks!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Mario,

I am sorry for the frustration this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Mario A Community Member

Thanks Nikola i hope we can solve this fast. I really prefer using upwork above all and i hope we can stay on this plattform. One more time ty for quick response!

Leonardo R Community Member

I would like to apply to the Bring Your Own Client program and get the 0% fee deal. Can I have a personal link so I can invite a client to join Upwork? Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths