🐈
» Forums » Support » 0% fee when you bring your own client
Page options
Indrajitsinh R Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

259 REPLIES 259
Avery O Community Manager

Hi Md Shohidul, 

I apologize for the delay; we had to look into this further. A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you through this support ticket so you can be assisted with your request. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to update the same ticket thread. 

~ Avery
Kaan O Community Member

Hello,

I am a Top Rated Plus freelancer. I would like to bring my own client to Upwork. Could you please send me the link so I can share it with my client?

Also, I have a few questions regarding BYO which I am surprised nobody asked.

1. There are no fees for freelancers. How about the client? Is the client gonna pay % a 3-5 fee or is it free for them no matter the method they will use? I want to inform my client about this.
  2. I assume that my client will create an account here once he clicks on my link. What I am wondering is if our contract looks like a usual contract on Upwork and affect my JSS and total earnings.

Looking forward.

Thanks,
Kaan

Aiman A Community Member

I am "new rising talent." I beleive I am allowed for the Bring Your Own Client program. Where can i find the personalized link? how do i activate it?

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Aiman,

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~Andrea
Bustamante M Community Member

Thank you for your feedback actually you can hire or search clients if you do make a proposal to your clients updates . So that they could see what’s in your proposal projects account that might they will buy hire employers or they could be applying for jobs post .

It might can solve your feedback about your details
First
Search jobs
Apply for the jobs
Find clients make your own proposal
Recieve iterviews
Get and recieved feedback
Join in community forum
Get help support from others services in upwork try communicate from my others freelancers
Post the jobs
Be sure you got enough bids connects to buy connects

Any informations you can subscribe it on
Accessibility help & service provider.

Good luck!
Mary Ann
Sedrak S Community Member

Hi Upwork team, am a Top Rated and I would like to bring my client to Upwork. Do I need to get a specific/referral link from you to send to my client? 

Regards, Set

Mariam L Community Member

I think the can just log in and invite you to their work it would be easier, I will see if there is an easier way and update you with it.

Sedrak S Community Member

Thanks for your reply Mariam, I thought to bring my client to Upwork for testing 0% fee system. But looks like it's taking a while getting a response from the Upwork team when it needs ASAP.

Md Alam M Community Member

How I can send an invite to pay payment 0% fee through Upwork?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Md Alam,

The Bring Your Own Program is only available to Top Rated and Rising Talent freelancers. If you still would like to work with an outside client through Upwork, you can send a Direct Contract to them.

~ Luiggi
Md Alam M Community Member

Thanks  for reply

Radoslav N Community Member

How exactly should I invite a client to get the 0% lifetime fee with him? He does not have Upwork account yet. 

Rahat A Community Member

Thank you so much, sir.
I want to know about my client. Can my client avail 0% offer from the referral I send?

KUMAR S Community Member

I recently upgraded to freelancer plus, one of the primary reason for my upgrade was to use a safe and secure way to process payments and manage contracts from my off-Upwork clients.

The "freelancer plus" membership plan offered - "0% service fee when you bring new clients to Upwork" as a perk. But I can't see, to find an option to do the same on my account.

How would I go about this? I need to send out a client invitation today.
Any help would be appreciated.

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Kumar,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
Oliver S Community Member

Does Upwork waive their fees if I bring a client onto the platform? Is this just for one project, or will Upwork continue to not charge any fees as long as I work with that client?

Arjay M Retired Team Member

Hi Oliver,

Thank you for reaching out and your interest in bringing your own client to Upwork! Firstly, Upwork’s “Bring Your Own” program is now Any Hire. Yes, you're correct! You won’t be charged any Upwork freelancer service fees for your work on Any Hire contracts. Your payment method information is what we use to release payment to you on behalf of your client. We suggest you read through this help article for you to be more acquainted with how the procedures work.

**Edited to Update Information**

I sincerely apologize for the confusion my previous response caused. Please note that Top Rated freelancers who bring their offline clients to Upwork are eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients they bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. Even if you lose your Top Rated status, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com. I hope this clarifies. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Rafaqat I Community Member

I have introduced 2 new clinents in my Career is there any benefit other than less commssion for inviting new clients on Upwork?

if there is any benefits please tell me.

Thanks

Joanne P Moderator

Hi Rafaqat,

If you are referring to the Bring Your Own Client Program, you become eligible for 0% on fees with the new clients you bring. That's 0% on all contracts you have with that client, forever. Even if you lose your Top Rated status, you’ll continue to pay a 0% fee on these contracts.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Hira I Community Member

Hi,

How can I get 0% fees for all jobs with new clients I bring to Upwork?
Please guide me about this.
Thanks,
Hira
Dimuthu P Community Member

I've got a similar question. So, I sent my client a link to hire me on the platform a few days back, and they paid up already. But when I checked my billing, I saw Upwork charged me a 20% service fee. Am I missing something here?

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Dimuthu,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Vipin M Community Member

Hi , I have TOP RATED PLUS profile but i cant see option for BYOC with 0% fee . Where can i get that link to invite my new client on Upwork . ? Please help ASAP

Annie Jane B Retired Team Member

Hi Vipin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork
Zain U Community Member

Hi, I want to invite one of my clients on Upwork so I need a client registration link so that I could then share it with the CEO.

Question? How this process will work? When I'll onboard the client here then the project will be treated as a direct contract or it'll work as a normal project where the client will submit their feedback and this will show on our profile?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths