🐈
» Forums » Support » 0% fee when you bring your own client
Page options
indrajitsinh-ray
Community Member

0% fee when you bring your own client

Where can I find my BYOC link?  (I need it ASAP so that I can start  working on the contract from tomorrow) 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kamran,

We appreciate you bringing this up and we want to clear this up for everyone in order to avoid any confusion moving forward.

The Bring Your Own Client program is offered to both Freelancer Plus members and freelancers who have the Top Rated, Top Rated Plus, or Rising Talent badge.

Freelancers with the mentioned badges are notified via email when they first receive the badge and are informed that they can take advantage of the BYOC program.

Before, this was limited to these freelancers but in order to extend this perk to other freelancers, we also made it available for those subscribed to Freelancer Plus.

The 0% service fee only applies if the clients sign up using the unique link for the freelancers. If you have not received a personal invitation link, please email BringYourClient@upwork.com.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

246 REPLIES 246
bc81ce46
Community Member

Hi,

i'd like to bring in a client to upwork, could you please give me a BYOC link so I can invite them? (so they can pay me with 0% fees deduction). Tell me where I can get my BYOC link?

Many thanks

Peter

LOOK IN THE SUPPORT FORUM.

Click on "Find Work" and then "Direct Contracts."  

But as of March, they switched it up:

Screenshot 2024-06-10 at 6.36.51 PM.png

Keep in mind you have to be a certain "Rising Talent" rank in order to get 0% fees; if not, you'll be charged the 10% fee.

There are no longer 0% or 10% fees.

Here is the help article on Direct Contracts and the fees for freelancer and client. 0% no longer exists.

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025040794-Direct-Contracts-with-clients

sorry to come back to this, i'm looking at this page:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062888-Freelancer-Plus

• Enjoy a 0% service fee when you bring new clients to Upwork. That’s 0% in freelancer service fees on all your contracts with those clients forever. Clients cannot have an existing Upwork account; reach out to us for more information

where it clearly says:

bc81ce46_0-1718375140473.png

is that false advertising then?

many thanks

edit: there's also a handy FAQ:

bc81ce46_1-1718375304280.png

How do I access the 0% service fee for bringing new clients to Upwork?

You can submit a request to waive the freelancer service fee for any new clients you bring to Upworkfrom your Community profile or by emailing BringYourClient@upwork.com. After you submit your request, our team will be in touch with a client link within the next two business days. Please keep in mind that the client must be a new client and should not have an existing Upwork account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths