🐈
» Forums » Support » A very strange circumstance regarding an inte...
Page options
800781ec
Community Member

A very strange circumstance regarding an interview

Hello;

I was invited to interview, and was told it was to be by Zoom. After a short while I realized that was against Upwork TOS, and declined Zoom and asked to do the interview another way. I looked up the employer and found information that did not match what they told me about their company. This was a red flag, and I politely asked the employer to please tell me why that was. They did not respond from yesterday afternoon through today. 

This morning, I got two random calls from that area, one with a made up name, one with "wireless user" as the name. One of those callers phoned back a short while ago (they're now blocked).

This makes me feel unsafe. To my awareness there's no way they can access my number through Upwork platform resources, is this correct? Any explanation or insight you provide would be appreciated. Thanks. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
spectralua
Community Member

Zoom allowed if this integrated Zoom at Upwork messages.

I think that calls not related to your last interview. 

Be sure that you never share your private info yourself.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
spectralua
Community Member

Zoom allowed if this integrated Zoom at Upwork messages.

I think that calls not related to your last interview. 

Be sure that you never share your private info yourself.

Zoom and Loom are different. They specifically said Zoom, when Loom was visible above the messaging pane. I have been on the internet since its inception and haven't yet been conned into giving personal information out. Thanks for your concern though. I appreciate it. I want to make it clear to all the other conners out there not to bother with me. I hope you get my drift.

No insult was intended, but I could just imagine the scammers lining up to get a shot if I didn't make this clear. Never scammed, neverhacked. EVER.

PS- Explain why you say the call is not related to the interview. I'd like to know the supporting theory. I get that it's unlikely, and maybe even highly unlikely. I will not rule it out unless I know more about how they could vs could not do it. 

You say that know Internet since its inception. So you must know that anything can be hacked, anyone can be scammes, any data can leak. Nothing bullet-proof exist in Internet. 🙂

I am weighing probabilities of what may have happened. Hmmm. There's no real way to know but I came up with some theories. Thanks for your help, Mykola.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths