🐈
» Forums » Support » Identity Verification
Page options
30e5ca4f
Community Member

Identity Verification

Gov. ID was not approved, and yet it worked on a different page.

Everything shows. It´s not a pristine picture, but everything´s perfectly legible. Not sure how I could take a better picture..

Is there a place I can send it for a personal verification ? 

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Ahmad,

If you are eligible or required to receive an “Identity Verified” badge, you can complete the two stages by going to Identity Verification in your Settings.

Freelancers requested to submit identification documents should submit any of the documents listed during the verification process. Note that the list is different for each country.

If you do not have any documents from the list, you can submit a different government-issued ID, ensuring it’s unexpired and valid. This will trigger a manual review process. Acceptable documents include passport, national ID card (NIC/CNIC), driver's license, NBI Clearance (Philippines only), tax ID, voter ID, postal ID, or any other valid government-issued photo ID that meets these criteria. 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile, including your profile photo, needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. We understand you may have provided a name and/or picture that you would like to update now. If that’s the case, and you’re being asked to verify your identity now, please proceed with submitting your ID and completing your Visual Verification anyways. If there is any issue or mismatch, our team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

Note that we occasionally ask users to re-verify because periodic checks ensure their accounts continue to reflect accurate information. Our goal is to make this process as seamless as possible and we thank you for your contribution to keeping Upwork a professional and safe community.

If you don't see a way to verify, that may be because you're not eligible yet. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to all talent. If the team finds the need to verify your account, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account.

- Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

1,501 REPLIES 1,501
LuiggiR

Hi Audun,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
30e5ca4f
Community Member

It resolved itself with a new photo.

4054919d
Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. Can you have an agent checking my account please? 

Hi, I have the same problem - have submitted my Driver's licence several times and it is still not verifying. Please assist.

Hi Mel,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
54812c22
Community Member

Hi Sir Can You Kindly tell me what this indicatingupwork.PNG

having same issue help please

I'm experiencing a similar problem. Whenever I click on the "Continue" button to verify my identity, two choices pop up in front of me: 1) Scan the QR code or 2) Send a text message to my mobile phone. However, when I select the first option, I'm unable to begin the verification process because the QR code only opens the Upwork Page but doesn't allow me to log in with my email. On the other hand, I haven't received any messages on my provided mobile phone from Upwork. Could you please help me resolve this issue? Thank you!

Same Issue With Me too, im contacting the Support team ,how to apprach the Please guide me too.

I'm experiencing a similar problem. Whenever I click on the "Continue" button to verify my identity, two choices pop up in front of me: 1) Scan the QR code or 2) Send a text message to my mobile phone. However, when I select the first option, I'm unable to begin the verification process because the QR code only opens the Upwork Page but doesn't allow me to log in with my email. On the other hand, I haven't received any messages on my provided mobile phone from Upwork. Could you please help me resolve this issue? Thank you! 

Hi Saad,

We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have opened a request to check my account verification related issue its been a week I have had no response.

c2e4b572
Community Member

Same problem for me, it's been 5 days and I'm still waiting for my ID to be verified

Hi Sam,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties getting your ID verified. I've converted your post into a support ticket to your case the attention it deserves. Kindly expect an update from one of the team members on this page with further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork

My id is still not verified and i didn't get any emails about Id verification its been more than 2 days. i cannot apply to new jobs. Apply Now button is disabled. 
Please.

75ed3726
Community Member

Hello, Luiggi.
Recently, I got the "Identity Verification" notification. Since yesterday I've been trying to complete the verification. But when I clicked to "start now" button Upwork showed this page. When I try to scan the QR code from my mobile, it redirects me to the same page. In option 2 I didn't get any sms, but Upwork said "You have exceeded the max number of texts that we can send".
What can I do right now?
Thanks.

Shafiun

Problem..png

Hi Shafiun,

Arjay here stepping in for Luiggi. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hello, I had the same problem, any solution for this?

I have same issue. Please how did you resolve yours Saira

Hi Victoria,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
c516c962
Community Member

Hello, i need help, too. I have update my ID twice, but still not pass. I don't understand why.

f94a49e7
Community Member

Hello, I have the same issue. When I scan the QR code and I select my email, i'm unable to begin the verification process. Could you please help me to resolve this issue? thank you.

Hi Halima,

I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
5356d6c1
Community Member

Hi, 

pls check this way and answer me. I try not to accept.scen the Google authenticator app then Error cannot interpret QR code .come 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I'm also having the same issue. Please help.

Hi Nonkululeko,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you need to verify your identity to continue winning jobs on Upwork. You can get started here.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 

Thanks for your response. To clarify, I followed the verifcation link and completed the necessary steps. I did this several times in the past week and this morning, but I wind up at the same message (see screenshot). The last message said my profile will be manually reviewed and I should keep an eye out for an email from Upwork, but haven't received anything yet. 

Please assist. 

Hi Nonkululeko,

I see that the team has reached out via email with more information about the status of the ID verification. You may visit the ticket linked to your case on this page or your email for more details. Please don't hesitate to coordinate with the team and they'll surely assist you accordingly.

~ Arjay
Upwork
6f944d54
Community Member

Hello Arjay,

I have same issue. Can you please help me to resolve it?

Hi Sahith,

Thank you for your message. I checked and I see that the document was uploaded today. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and update your account. 

- Pradeep

Upwork
c2e4b572
Community Member

hi Nikola

Can you help me, it's been a week and I'm still waiting for my ID to be verified. i can't get any job or propose

thank you 

I meet this problem,too. Iave try to update my ID twice, but still not pass. Is there anyone tell me the reason?

Hi Mia,

I am sorry to hear that your documents were not accepted. I checked your account and can confirm that your previous submission was rejected due to missing or incomplete information on your documents. Please resubmit the document with a clear image of both the front and back sides of your documents. 

- Pradeep

Upwork

Dear Upwork Support Team,

I am experiencing issues with the identity verification process on my account. Specifically, I'm unable to receive an SMS for verification, and there's no option to enter a code or upload my National Identity Card and a live selfie. Could you please guide me on how to proceed with these steps or rectify the issue I'm facing with SMS verification?advise
I have attached an image as well , where I'm stuck,please advise me in this matter.
Please send me a link where I upload my documents as well.

Thank you for your prompt assistance.

Email for Upwork
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Best regards
Saad Abdul Rauf

Hi, I have the same problem with identity verification, can you ask an agent to check my account, please?

Hi Zaida,

I escalated your ID verification concern directly to the team handling the review. They confirmed that your ID has been verified, and you should now see the ID-verified badge on your profile. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I also have the same problem. Have you resolved it?

Hi Hong,

I reached out directly to the review team, who confirmed that your ID has been verified. You can now see the ID-verified badge on your profile. You're all set! Thank you for reaching out.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths