🐈
» Forums » Support » Availability Badge is Now Available to All Ta...
Page options
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Availability Badge is Now Available to All Talent: Feedback and Questions.

The testing period has ended and the availability badge is now available to all talent!

For more information about the feature, please see this announcement and let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or feedback.

~ Valeria
Upwork
174 REPLIES 174
8763da46
Community Member

good job

8bf4fcf0
Community Member

This is cool ...only would be coller if the badge was free would be more cool

Ofcourse..

90c7ddb3
Community Member

it's worthless. I'm new here and I didn't realize that when I turned on the Availability Badge, it was consuming my initial connects per day (wtf).
I found a client when I almost spent all my connects. so I ran out of connects  just for that useless thing (because I thought that I couldn't work without that thing on.

I should spent that points in other jobs posts not in a stupid badge.

Pedro Pablo O wrote:

it's worthless. I'm new here and I didn't realize that when I turned on the Availability Badge, it was consuming my initial connects per day (wtf).
I found a client when I almost spent all my connects. so I ran out of connects  just for that useless thing (because I thought that I couldn't work without that thing on.

I should spent that points in other jobs posts not in a stupid badge.

When you click to activate it, they already tell you that "use your connects". And you have a link that explains how it works.
Did you read everything?

Dear Pedro:

In your case, someone having moderator role can make your profile public free of cost. If you are facing the same problem as Maria is explaining.

It's about the availability badge, not your profile. No moderator will make it free. You have to pay to have it turned on.

stevan79bgd
Community Member

Charging connects for Availability Badge - Upwork Are you that desperate?

I mean if taking a profit from a percentage of all our wages is not enough for you where is the limit?

Google:

Upwork (NASDAQ:UPWK) Full Year 2022 Results Revenue: US$618.3m (up 23% from FY 2021)

I mean really?

Something that is that basic and ordinary thing to display on a profile, you started charging for?

And the best of all is this "promo".

- "Freelancers displaying availability badge get 50% more invites" LoL

I refuse to pay for such a thing and you should be ashamed of yourself charging for something like that.

What's next? Charging connects on every login?

Stevan Nikolovski

You don't need to pay for it. In any case, it does not affect when you send a proposal. It will only affect when the client searches for freelancers and most people don't appear at the top of the list very often.
The "deception" is at that point. Most will pay for it thinking it will give them more visibility, but it doesn't.
So don't use it. You have a good profile, they will find you and if they are interested, whether you have the badge or not, they will contact you.
On the other hand, we have already fought a lot with this and they are not going to change it. Don't even bother.

"It will only affect when the client searches for freelancers " Yep "ONLY"
in that case which can be the difference in getting hired or not. If you
don't show up you don't get hired potentially and it is a huge difference.
I used to get invites all the time before this "invention" from Upwork of
how to rake more money in. It is really sad what this platform is turning
into.
Stevan Nikolovski

I 100 percent agree, it would be like if Linkedin charged people to display the "Open to Work" profile image. It's infuriating to me that we have to pay credits for this on Upwork. Furthermore to the comment that basically says: don't worry about it... it does effect things a lot actually and we will worry about it thank you. Getting no profile views if someone is out there searching for available freelancers. We should all be annoyed with this feature not sweep it under the rug Maria. 

Well, I've come to the conclusion that it's no longer worth getting irritated by things that I won't be able to change here.
If you knew anything about me, you'd realize that I'm not one to sweep trash under the rug. I have protested, a lot, about this and many other things.

Exactly. It is basically a "pay to win situation" where you find a suitable
job but someone else gives more credits and beats you because you don't
even show up in the results. Unfair to say the least.
Stevan Nikolovski

Deleted because it was not relevant.

islam-kobirul
Community Member

I am email marketing in experience worker any more time services. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths