🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't Accept or Decline Invitation to Intervi...
Page options
ashley-cornett
Community Member

Can't Accept or Decline Invitation to Interview

I recently received an Invitation to interview for a job. I reviewed the job description and message from client, and then went to respond accordingly, only to find that the button to do so is missing.

Sometimes if I don't respond in time and they've chosen someone else there will be a "this job is now closed" message in place of the button but that's not there either. I was considering declining the job anyway so I just left it and figured it would resolve itself, but after a couple days it's still like this, and I'm worried it's going to negatively impact my response time rate that other clients see.

I've checked on Safari, Chrome, and mobile, and it's the same on all of them. No button to accept or decline. Is there something I can do to remedy this, or is this a bug on Upwork's end?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. We shared your reports with our team and our engineers are working as fast as possible on solving this issue. 

We will follow up on this thread as soon as we have more information. 

Edited to update information. 

I would like to let you know that this issue is now resolved. Please feel free to let us know if you still experience any issues on your end. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

122 REPLIES 122

Hi Sameer,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
30eda309
Community Member

Hi Joanne 
Im facing the same issue as a freelancer I can't able to accept offer from client  plz resolve this ASAP

Hi Mauwia,

Thank you for reaching out. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to be investigated further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Nikola, 
I'm currently experiencing the same issue. I've received an invitation to interview for a job that I would love to accept, but once I go to "respond" I can't see any button that would let me take any action. I'm attaching a screenshot for reference. 
Can you help me out? 

Thanks so much! 

Best,
Sonia 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Sonia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi Nikola,

I'm having the same issue. Actually, on desktop, I see no buttons to accept or decline (screenshot below). I do see them on the mobile app, however, after clicking "Submit a Proposal" I get no response. All other buttons continue to function (i.e. Cancel, Attach files, etc.)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for your message. I see that the job post is already closed. That said, you can no longer respond to this job invitation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! I'm currently experiencing this. I'm trying to accept an offer from a client but every time I clicked the accept offer button "An error has occurred. Please try again later". I need help. Thanks

Hi Marla,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while accepting an offer. Could you please try again after clearing Cookies and Cache on your browser? You can also try using a different browser. Feel free to message us if problems persist.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi! Did that already but nothing happens. Still the same. It still says "An error has occurred. Please try again later"

Thank you for confirming that. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you!

I'm attaching a screenshot for your reference.

I'm having the same issue in Firefox. Cleared the cache and cookies but did not work either. Could you help me please? It is a cool job and I really would like to connect with the potential client.

Hi Guillermo,

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this matter to our attention. I've shared your reports with our team and our engineers will definitely review what causes this issue. We'll keep this thread updated whenever we receive a response from them. We seek your patience and cooperation while sorting this out for you. Thank you!

**Edited for updates**

Hi Guillermo,

I have received a response from the team and the have confirmed that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available since 22-June. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section. This is the reason why you no longer have the option to accept the invite. I hope this clarifies.

~ Arjay
Upwork

As stated in the title of the post, I can't see any button to accept/decline an interview in a recent invitation for a job. How can I fix that? Clearing cache or cookies did not work.

Would you be so kind to help me with this?

6062a308
Community Member

Hello, I'm facing the same issue, is there anything I can do?

Thank you for your help!

Community Member

Hi sir

2 days ago I applied on a job then I received an offer by client. I want to accept an offer but I am not able to accept an offer. It says "An error has occurred. Please try again later" after pressing the accept offer. Last date of accepting an offer is 12the September & continuously error is occurred from receiving offer to till now. I want to accept an offer Can you please help me as soon as possible. Thank you.

Hi Muhammad,

Can you please try clearing your cache and cookies or use a different browser? Let me know if the issue persists and we'll look further into that for you. Looking forward to your confirmation. Thank you!

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

Thanks for your response I have cleared cache & also changed browser but
still error is occured.
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Nicola, 

I have the same issue. Please help.

Hi Jocelyn, 

I can confirm that actions have been taken against this client, which is why you cannot accept the client's offer.

When you have the time, it would be best to read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled, these tips for avoiding questionable jobsthis Community article, and these articles for more information about working safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork

I've had an invitation to interview sat in my Proposals for 5 months! I've tried all the solutions offered here but nothing's worked. There's no option to accept or decline it nor delete it. upwork delete.JPGIf I look at the job posting the job is no longer available (of course) and I assumed the invitation would eventually delete itself. But it hasn't. What else can I do please?

Hi Helen,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Upwork
8d5c0b14
Community Member

Hi, I am having this exact same problem right now

I recieved an invitation to interview but when I fill out the cover letter and everything else I cannot press the accept button. There is no error message or anything of the sort, the button simply doesn't turn green and my cursor becomes a red circle with a line through it when I attempt to click it. I am very interested in this job position so it is rather bothersome. This is only a problem for accepting this invitation: when I try to click on other job offers I can apply just fine.

Thank you,

Matthew Sekuła

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
8d5c0b14
Community Member

Screenshot 2023-11-14 015433.pngScreenshot 2023-11-14 015443.pngScreenshot 2023-11-14 015500.png

Hi Matthew,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
30dcb51a
Community Member

Hello. I  have the exact same issue. I tried different browsers as well as the app. I can't accept or decline the invitation, which is a shame because it is a project I'd like to take. 

Hi Tuba,

Could you please reach out to me via PM (click on my name) with more details about the invitation that you're referring to so that I can assist you accordingly? Thank you.

~ Arjay
Upwork
rafiq_jsr
Community Member

Experiencing the same issue while using freelance app!

Hi Md Rafiqul,

Thank you for your message. Could you confirm if you are experience the same issue using a PC as well?

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
supernyv
Community Member

I'm facing the exact same problem. Any help from upwork?

Hi Nyv,

I would like to clarify that the job post for the invitation you're referring to is no longer available. If you go to Find Work > Proposals you'll see that there are no invites under the "Invitations to interview" section.

You may still see the notification from when you were invited but since then the client has either hired another freelancer or decided they would not be hiring and closed the job post. You can also see the Invitation in your "Archived Interviews" section.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3ac74a29
Community Member

Have similar issue, can't accept job offer. 

3ac74a29_0-1677422940102.png

Hi Mate,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~ AJ
Upwork
Community Member

I cannot accept an offer. It says "An error has occurred. Please try again later" after pressong the accept offer. I already clear all cookies and cache. Can you please help me. Thank you. 

Hi Nida,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Hi Bibin,

I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths