🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't add my work experience
Page options
3478d650
Community Member

Can't add my work experience

Hi everyone!

So I'm new to Upwork and I'm struggling to complete my profile, specifically my work experience.

I usually refer to myself as a professional singer, musician, vocalist, performer or entertainer.

However, how am I supposed to add my work experience if the company I worked for (for example, H2O Hotel) is not listed as an option in the "Company" field?

Also, there isn't an available "Title" for me to select relative to what I do. The most similar one is "Art Director", but that's not really accurate and I do not want to confuse my clients.

Can someone help me with this please? What other options do I have?

18 REPLIES 18
ArjayM

Hi Linda,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! If you're referring to the "Employment History" section of your profile, you should be able to add free text to those fields. The drop-down menus will show suggested company names and titles. You don't necessarily need to select one, you can enter your own details on those fields. Feel free to check this help article for more details on how to Build Your Profile.

~ Arjay
Upwork
3478d650
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

I've already added free text to those fields, but the problem is that I can't "save" it because the button is greyed out. That's why I can't post my "Employment History".

I'm sending you a screenshot so you can see what's happening.

The article you sent me did not help me resolve my issue. What can I do to solve this problem?

Hi Linda,

On the screenshot you shared, I noticed that you didn't select a month from the dropdown under the "Period" section of the field. Can you try selecting a month from those dropdowns and let me know if you're able to save it?

~ Luiggi
Upwork
f6a49091
Community Member

Hello, I'm having this same issue. And I selected all the options. Save option is still greyed out.

Hi, I've been trying to add my employment history as well as my certifications, but I can't as the save button is greyed out. 

Hi Nnodi,

I took a closer look at your profile and confirmed that you were able to add several employment histories. You may now add certifications by following the detailed instructions found in this help article. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
f6a49091
Community Member

Thank you! I was able to figure it out.

Hey! Omdz im having this exact same issue, people don't understand... How did you fix it?

Hi Niz,

Can you please share more information about the issue you're currently experiencing so we can better assist you? If you can share a screengrab of what you see on your end, that would certainly help.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a7b82b9f
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

Can you please also check my profile? I am having the same issue, filled everything, but save button is still greyed out. Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Lu,

Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of the current one? You may consider clearing your cache and cookies as well. Then, log back into your account and add your work experience. Let us know if the issue persists with a screenshot of what you can see from your end; we'll look further into that for you.

Looking forward to your confirmation.

~ Arjay
Upwork
gjelbert
Community Member

Hello ArjayM,

Could you please look at my profile too? I am having the same problem; all of the boxes are filled and the save option still greyed out. I am trying to add work experience.

Hi Blerta, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please share a full screenshot from your end so that we can look into this further and assist you accordingly? 

~ Nikola
Upwork
erwindeguzman
Community Member

Hi!

I am having the same problem. Already filled out all the necessary fields but the Save button stays greyed out.

I already tried logging out and logging back in but still the same.

Please see screenshot for reference.

Hi Erwin,

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused you. Have you tried clearing your browser’s cookies or using a different browser? If the issue still persists, could you please share the following information so that we can forward it to our team to investigate further?

• Browser/s used
  • Browser version
  • Machine’s OS
  • Machine’s OS version
  • Screengrab of the issue
  • Additional details that may help us/the team investigate your concern better
~ Joanne
Upwork
2ba13b98
Community Member

Hey Upwork Team, 

I have the same problem as well. I couldn't continue and save employment history even after filling out the necessary details as well. I have tried logging in and out too. Can you please check it out for me. I would love to complete my profile asap. 🙂

2ba13b98
Community Member

I've figured out solving the problem to adding employment. I now have a different question, it says I still need to update and add portfolio when in fact, I have already uploaded my portfolio. Can you help me check this please. Thank you so much!

Hi Marie, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked, and I can confirm that you added a portfolio to your account. Your profile is also 100% completed. I would like to clarify that the profile completeness section shows that you can add more information to your portfolio, 

However, I understand that this can be confusing, and I will share your experience with our team for further review and consideration. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths