🐈
» Forums » Support » Can't buy connects
Page options
zainraza12
Community Member

Can't buy connects

Hello everyone, I cant seem to buy any connects on my upwork profile, when I visit the buy connects page I get this error:
Failed to load the Connects transaction details. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support.

And the dropdown for the connects prices and the button for buy connects is disabled. Please Help! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that I shared your reports with our engineers and the issue should now be resolved

If the issue persists on your end please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
gabrielagaltero
Community Member

I want to apply for a job I'm a great fit, and I can't buy connects. It says:

Failed to load the Connects transaction details. Please try again. If the issue persists, please contact Customer Support.

I'm facing the same issue.

3dd9e7c0
Community Member

Hello - for some reason my account won't let me buy more connects. Even though I have an active account?

I have a similar issue. Pardon me for attaching this here.

When I ran out of connects recently, I had to abandon my bid midway because the system would not let me buy more connects. Okay, I admit that it was partly my fault because I had not updated my CC details. BUT ... I have $15 always locked in my escrow for this purpose. Why didn't the clever algorithm just check my wallet and offer to let me pay with that?

Here are a few steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Refresh the Page: Sometimes, a simple page refresh can resolve temporary glitches. Try refreshing the page where you're experiencing the error and see if it resolves the issue.

2. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: Clearing your browser's cache and cookies can help to remove any temporary data that might be causing issues with the page. After clearing the cache and cookies, try accessing the page again.

3. Try a Different Browser or Device: Sometimes, the issue may be specific to the browser or device you're using. Try accessing the page using a different browser or device to see if the error persists.

4. Check for Service Outages: Occasionally, Upwork may experience service outages or maintenance periods that could affect certain functionalities. Check Upwork's status page or social media channels for any announcements about service disruptions.

5. Contact Upwork Support: If the issue persists after trying the above steps, you may need to contact Upwork's customer support for further assistance. They can investigate the issue on their end and provide guidance on how to resolve it.

6. Check for Account or Billing Issues: Ensure that there are no issues with your Upwork account or billing information that could be causing the error. Make sure your payment method is up to date and that there are no outstanding issues with your account.

NikolaS

Hi Zain,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this issue and they are working as fast as possible to resolve it. We will update this thread once we have more info. 

Additionally, you will also receive updates via your support ticket. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
antoniormrzz
Community Member

As far as I investigated, anyone who downgraded their membership with the new price is going to have this issue. And no, it's not your browser, and not your device, and it's not an outage. This was in the known issues, but they have since marked it as solved. I commented again and will post for a second time. This issue has not been fixed.

72a39dbf
Community Member

Hi: I am trying to buy connects but I am receiving a message which states ' Failed to load the transctions. Please contact support' I have attached the screenshot of the message. Can you please fix this issue for me?

Same!

3dd9e7c0
Community Member

Yes, this has still not been resolved and I have lost a lot of money by not being able to apply for work!!

3dd9e7c0
Community Member

I have been unable to upgrade my plan or buy connects for the last few days. I have tried on multiple devices, tried logging in and out and cleared my cache. I am losing work due to this.

avulasridevi
Community Member

When i trying to buy connects or trying to change my plan , getting the below message.

"Your access to Upwork has been restricted. Find out more ."

72a39dbf
Community Member

Is the problem fixed? Not at my end - I am still not able to buy connects. 

e30d80b8
Community Member

Hello,

I am Maureen,

a content writer and project manager.

The drop-down has not been able to provide me with options to select the amount of connect that I want to purchase from my Upwork account for 24 hours now.

However, I have been troubleshooting yet to no avail and your customer support chat has not been reachable as well - it keeps redirecting me to the Help Center (find solutions fast) and the solution is not there.

Below is the screenshot 👇
The red sign indicates the drop-down inactivity.

Upwork, kindly fix this as soon as you see this post to allow me to buy connect. IMG_20240206_092256_578.jpg

NikolaS

Hi All, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I would like to let you know that I shared your reports with our engineers and the issue should now be resolved

If the issue persists on your end please let us know and we will be happy to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
antoniormrzz
Community Member

Hey Nikola, please thank the team on my behalf, seems to be resolved for me.

Hi Sepehr, 

I am glad to hear the issue is resolved. I will be sure to share your post with the team. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths