🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Can't change country
Page options
tildes
Community Member

Can't change country

I signed up for Upwork while I was travelling but didn't finish my profile. My country is set to Serbia but I now live in the US. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. How am I meant to change my country before submitting my profile for review?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size and because the information shared here is now outdated. We appreciate your participation in the Community.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,983 REPLIES 3,983
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Katie, 

I have updated your country from the UK to Australia as requested. 

~ Avery
Upwork
zoeflynn
Community Member

Hello, 

I set up my account while living in the US but did not complete my profile. Now I live in the UK and wish to use Upwork again. Please can you help update my Country to UK?

Thank you

Hi, I would like some help please, I need to change my country from USA to the UK and unable to complete my profile until this is done, I asked above already but nobody got back to me.

Thank you

Hi Zoe,

Your country is now updated, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much!

iain0
Community Member

Hi there. I'm trying to enter a phone contact number, however system is formatted 0044 prefix. We use 00353 prefix. How do I change this ?

Many thanks

Iain

Iain Gilmore
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Iain,

Looks like this is caused by the Country selected in your application form. Could you please update your Country to reflect your current location and initiate your phone verification process again?

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
soofydraws
Community Member

Upwork won’t let me change my country in profile sign up. I am located in Pakistan.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Safwan, 

It looks like this has already been resolved. Let us know if you need further help with anything!

~ Avery
Upwork

No it has not been resolved. Really wish it wasn’t this difficult to sign up for this site.

I had filled out my entire profile and now everything I entered is gone because I got stuck on the location page. Even though I kept saving everything.

The location is still stuck on United States and now I have to refill my entire profile.

I wish Upwork would hire one of its many users to develop a better sign up experience. This seems to be a recurring issue for multiple users.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Safwan,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with a screenshot of the issue you're experiencing. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cjerney
Community Member

I live in the UK, but I am a US citizen living abroad. Now it won't let me fill out my tax information since I used my UK address - how can I fix this? The system won't let me change my address. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Cristina,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
agalatin
Community Member

I didn't finish my profile. My country is set to the UK but I live in Russia. Every time I try to access the account settings page to edit location it just redirects me to the "create profile" page. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aleksey,

Your Country was updated to Russia. Feel free to add the rest of the information on your profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Greetings, i also cannot change my location in the create profile menu. I live in Indonesia.

Hi Esa Difny Nanda,

I checked your account, and it looks like your country has already been updated to Indonesia. Let us know if you need further assistance. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3a041676
Community Member

Hi,

I accidentally put that I was based in Sydney but I am based in Barcelona, Spain. How can I change that?

Thank you,

Anna

Hi Anna,

I checked and it seems that your country is already set to Spain.  Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
oanalex
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. Cannot change country from US to France.

Hi Oana,

I checked your account, and it looks like your country has already been updated to France. Please let us know if need any assistance. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
rhiannonmay
Community Member

I would like to register as a freelancer currently living in South Korea, however I cannot seem to change the country location when I try to make a profile. It simply shows 'US'. Very frustrating as I have several times made a complete profile, only to lose all information when I cannot input my address! Any assistance appreciated, as there are several Korea-based positions I would like to apply for. Thank you.

Hi Rhiannon, 

Is it still showing as U.S. on your end? Could you please try clearing your cookies or using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

~ Avery
Upwork
red2awn
Community Member

Hi,

I have the same problem. Cannot change my country from the UK to Hong Kong.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Tommy and Meenal,

Your account locations are now updated. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths